Looks like the Droid X has the better battery

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Take what you will from this test but the Droid X has the best battery according to this study.

Android Battery Test Reveals Droid X Lasts Longest, AMOLED Handsets Trail

It totally does. It also has some bugs and some unclear settings (and the advice on forums has been hit and miss) so end users are seeing wildly divergent times. In a test like this most of those variables are held in check (especially since it's a stress-test, so a bug that say doesn't let a phone go to sleep properly is irrelevant). The battery life on the X is totally fine for a smartphone, and anyone who has to charge it more than once a day and isn't using it non-stop to do web-surfing, phone calls, video, etc is being impacted by something else, either a bad setting, an app/widget that is poorly configured, or some other setting on the phone that is ill-advised.

P.S. I'm not trying to sound like I had this info handed to me on a silver platter; my first week I was charging my phone twice a day on light-to-moderate use, but after doing testing and sifting some of the good advice from the bad I never had to charge before bedtime even with pretty hard use.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So, someone answer me this... what size is the stock battery? Depending on where you look you'll see 1500, 1540, and 1570. lol. So, which one is it?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
on the back of my battery it says 1500/1540 mAh (min/typ)

so it's at least 1500, but they typically are 1540 is what i decipher from that.

oh, and fwiw, i can go a day easy on it with moderate use. almost impossible with my incredible that even had the extended battery.

in this respect motorola has consistently delivered a better product than htc.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It totally does. It also has some bugs and some unclear settings (and the advice on forums has been hit and miss) so end users are seeing wildly divergent times. In a test like this most of those variables are held in check (especially since it's a stress-test, so a bug that say doesn't let a phone go to sleep properly is irrelevant). The battery life on the X is totally fine for a smartphone, and anyone who has to charge it more than once a day and isn't using it non-stop to do web-surfing, phone calls, video, etc is being impacted by something else, either a bad setting, an app/widget that is poorly configured, or some other setting on the phone that is ill-advised.

P.S. I'm not trying to sound like I had this info handed to me on a silver platter; my first week I was charging my phone twice a day on light-to-moderate use, but after doing testing and sifting some of the good advice from the bad I never had to charge before bedtime even with pretty hard use.

If you don't mind my asking, what changes helped your battery life?

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Not surprising the DInc came in last with the AMOLED screen. However, they article doesn't say if the X was running 2.1 or 2.2. I'm sure the DInc was running 2.1.

Also the DInc's 1300 mAh is the lowest rated battery...

Okay, reading my above post it does sound like I'm making excuses, but it has to be said!:p

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
on the back of my battery it says 1500/1540 mAh (min/typ)

so it's at least 1500, but they typically are 1540 is what i decipher from that.

oh, and fwiw, i can go a day easy on it with moderate use. almost impossible with my incredible that even had the extended battery.

in this respect motorola has consistently delivered a better product than htc.

Totally agree about the incredible. I also had the extended battery with the Inc, and i rarely made it through the day let alone the evening without having to recharge it.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I get through 2/3 of a day with the stock battery.....on my DINC.
I turned off autobrightness and also mobile connection always on and it works great!

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm having pretty good luck with my X. Seems to hold a charge better than my old Droid did. Around a day and a half is what I'm seeing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I get through 2/3 of a day with the stock battery.....on my DINC.
I turned off autobrightness and also mobile connection always on and it works great!
With the 2150mah extended battery, my Incredible regularly view from 6am to 10pm without needing charging. That usually includes a lot of texting, email and music streaming on Pandora.
My father in laws DX on the other hand has had lots of battery problems and always needs charger "tethering"

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe is having to go into settings> applications> running to shut down all the Facebook apps, pre-installed news apps, pre-installed battery monitor, Skype (that I don't use on my dx), g-talk, etc that combined KILL my battery.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This works until I power off or (rarely) do a battery pull. Then, all over again - every time.... Shut down the unwanted apps. Otherwise, I'm to 70% by 9 am.

We should be able to eliminate the pre-installed apps we don't use or want. When this stuff is shut down, I get GREAT battery life. 60% at end of busy day.

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind my asking, what changes helped your battery life?

I use My Settings to quickly change the screen brightness to 0% when i'm not outside. I also set the screen timeout to 15/30 seconds. I rooted my phone and use SetCPU to scale the cpu back to 300mhz when the screen is off, 800 mhz when its at 60% and 600 mhz at 30%. I keep wifi,bluetooth and gps off unless i have to use them. I also used autostarts( root app ) to turn off all of the bloatware apps that motorola puts on the phone.

Changing all of those allows me to get 12-18 hours out of a charge on my phone depending on use that day. Biggest thing, control the screen and you control your battery. Longer you leave it on at full brightness the quicker your battery goes down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool