What do you guys think about the new Verizon "Evo", would any of you guys trade up? If so, why?
    08-28-2010 11:19 PM
    I'll get it for my wife or use one of my other lines to check it out.
    08-29-2010 11:39 AM
    I like it... mainly because its a big screen but the phone that surrounds it doesnt stretch out as far as the X's do... that is the one thing about the X that I really do not like...(piece below buttons...its too long)
    08-29-2010 11:52 AM
    I like it... mainly because its a big screen but the phone that surrounds it doesnt stretch out as far as the X's do... that is the one thing about the X that I really do not like...(piece below buttons...its too long)
    Ya i agree with you I think that they could have put touch sensitive buttons, like the original droid, where the huge verizon logo is. I think that would've made it a little bit nicer looking and better space usage.
    08-29-2010 07:37 PM
    Not for me, I like the battery life I get. The DInc and Evo both have horrible batteries in comparison to the X. Plus the EVo is wider where the X is taller, I think I would rather have a taller 4.3 screen.
    the chart below is from laptopmag.com
    08-29-2010 08:39 PM
    I would have to feel it. Looks impressive, but to much rubber/grip on the back to tell if its one of their unibudy, or aluminum phones. I just hate plastic phones, they feel way to chintzy even if they are well manufactured.
    kingzee likes this.
    08-29-2010 10:28 PM
    Its sad, but secretly I'm hoping it lacks features and a great build quality so that I don't feel like I'm missing out! Lord, forgive me! LOL!
    08-29-2010 11:21 PM
    looks nice, but htc has consistently put out phones with crappy battery life. so they get none of my money until that is solved without me buying a bigger battery on my own.

plus i see no advantage of that over my droid x. i'll take the cpu in the droid line over snapdragon and even if there is a front camera, personally i don't see the point of video calls.

so yea, the x is staying in my hands until we see some gingerbread devices roll out.
    08-30-2010 02:44 AM
    Traded up from my "OG" Droid, love the screen, rooted 2.2 now, and some of the minor MotoBlur features... Can't say I'm all that impressed with the bat life, apparently the lv kernels and custom roms on my droid were making a big difference... And the droid had a better speaker. Swype made my physical keyboard ocd disappear a well ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-30-2010 06:53 AM
    Nope. Not gonna buy another new phone till Verizon rolls out their LTE.

I would pick up some older models to play with, like a Droid or Eris, before I bought another new one. I'll just wait for LTE.
    08-30-2010 07:20 AM
    I think it's best to get your phone and them stop looking at/reading reviews on newer offerings until your phone is close to a year old. Otherwise, as often as new ones come out, you're just left feeling like whatever you have is old and outdated. I love my X. I'll start looking at other phones in year.
    08-30-2010 07:45 AM
    Nope. Not gonna buy another new phone till Verizon rolls out their LTE.
    Me too! Oh how I hope the Detroit area is one of the first markets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    08-30-2010 07:55 AM
    I think it's best to get your phone and them stop looking at/reading reviews on newer offerings until your phone is close to a year old. Otherwise, as often as new ones come out, you're just left feeling like whatever you have is old and outdated. I love my X. I'll start looking at other phones in year.
    This...this is a good philosophy
    08-30-2010 08:27 AM
    The X is my second Android phone, and even though they are night and day different (Droid Eris to Droid X.) I feel that Android is Android, and I won't be upgrading for a good long while. I love the X but in the end it just has a few extra features, and in the end isn't any different of an experience. So I'll wait and see how different things are on 7/16/2011 when I'm up for an upgrade again.
    08-30-2010 08:28 AM
    Haha that's good advice
    09-09-2010 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD