Mac users with a Droid ????

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Mac user here.

2.93GHz Core i7 27" iMac, 2.4GHz MacBook and a 64GB 3G iPad.

I do like the iPhone (sorry, but I do)... but hate hate hate AT&T's service where I live. Especially sucks where I work. Verizon, however, is fantastic here. So Verizon it is.

Droid 1, Cyanogenmod 6.0 (non-themed) and overclocked to 1GHz.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing but macs at home for all business stuff. I'm a professional musician/composer and Pro Tools (or Logic) on Mac is the industry standard. I would never get an iPhone, though, even though it would make media syncing easier. AT&T + closed market + locked units = no go. Plus, I am having so much fun tinkering with this Droid X it is ridiculous. Now if only I could move those digital copies of movies you get when you buy Blu-Rays I have in iTunes to my Droid...but alas, they are DRM protected for iTunes only and the Requiem guy hasn't found a way around iTunes 9.2.1...yet.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
early 2008 aluminum iMac here, using Salling Media Sync to keep everything painlessly in sync with my Droid 1, soon-to-be Droid X :)

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
While I don't yet have my Droid X, I have a 13" Macbook Pro and love it. The great graphics and the awesome mouse pad means no more Windows laptops for me - except the clunker at work. :(

First Mac after being a Windows dude for 20+ years. (hey, I'm a little slow) Actually, I've been supporting MS servers since NT 3.1 was released and as long as MS exists - I'll have a job. :)

PremeOne

May 3, 2010
Visit site
MBP x2 here, I've owned and hate the iPhone. I just wish that I could root my Droid X with out flashing back to 2.1 or downloading windows and partitioning it (need windows drivers).

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
MBP x2 here, I've owned and hate the iPhone. I just wish that I could root my Droid X with out flashing back to 2.1 or downloading windows and partitioning it (need windows drivers).

You HAVE to get Linux... especially if you're an Android tinkerer. Linux experience has made playing with the Android system soo much easier.... plus no proprietary motorola drivers for sbf.

holydroid

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a macbook unibody dual loaded with OSX and Win7. I found using Win7 easier than the OSX but i have not given up on OSX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ubuntu? Fedora all the way.

Uh oh, another religious war! :cool: To be honest I'm more of an old-school Slackware fan but I've moved to Ubuntu because they have it deployed at work. Fedora's not bad, but I'd be too tempted to have to deal with Fedora for desktops and then CentOS for my servers. I guess not much worse than Ubuntu desktop and Ubuntu server except both are from Canonical while Fedora is RedHat and CentOS is only a RedHet clone. So far I've been pleased with the Ubuntu community support (even if I'm not too keen on their fixed six-month upgrade cycle whether it's stable or not - luckily my servers will probably stay on 10.04 until the next LTS release).