slow market on 2.1?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just used sbf to get my 2.2 droid x back to 2.1 stock. I'm not trying to get all my apps back, but the market is ungodly slow. Sometimes, app's pages won't even load the info.

Has anyone had this issue, this sucks if I can't get the market to work right

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just used sbf to get my 2.2 droid x back to 2.1 stock. I'm not trying to get all my apps back, but the market is ungodly slow. Sometimes, app's pages won't even load the info.

Has anyone had this issue, this sucks if I can't get the market to work right

I noticed this with a co worker, now this may sound crazy but did you do a hard reset after you reversed from 2.2, when I did his device he was having a similar issue so I hard reset it again and all was fine... Give it a try, also to avoid this issue again I suggest you look at MyBackUp app on market, it backs up all your apks into a backup image and when you run it you can simply check the apps you want to reinstall after a hard reset and click restore and you will be back up in no time. And No Root is required, just for the record....

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I read that after restoring the SBF some people had to clear their cache or perform a factory reset (Yes. I know. Factory reset after sbf seems redundant, but it works).
Boot into Recovery;
  • Power off
  • Hold home key
  • while holding home key, turn power on
  • KEEP HOLDING until droid and triangle with exclamation point shows up
  • release home and press search

Use the volume down button to select the appropriate options, and the camera button to select.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i did the factory reset after my sbf restore, no fix, wiped it again...no fix.

i let it sit for a few minutes, came back, and it seemed fine. weird.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Most likely the market acting up. There's been a lot of times, both on 2.1 and 2.2 where I felt that something was wrong with my phone and accessing the market. Turns out more often then not its just the market under a lot of pressure and isn't working quite perfectly. Give it time and it'll get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech