So what did you notice after uninstalling the 2.2 Leak?

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I went back to square one today after previewing the 2.2 leak for a couple weeks, I was experiencing some bluetooth issues that were not present when I was stock when using the leak. I also thought that the leak was too buggy and since the word is that VZ will not push the official update to leaked users I went back to complete stock and did a factory reset and everything is so nice and crisp again for now until I find things that have issues again!

SO what did you notice after going back to stock from the leaked 2.2?

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that I like 2.2 a lot better. And i already miss being able to touch the screen for pictures. I also miss how much louder the speaker is with 2.2 as well.

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed that I liked 2.2 better. I like Flash and I've had no bugs so no reason to go back to 2.1.

I went back and forth a few times until finally deciding to stick with 2.2 and I'll be using custom ROMs anyways so I don't really care about the "official" OTA.

EDIT: Why did I quote official? No need to. Oh well. :p

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well yes flash is sweet and there are some nice features with the leak but I would rather stand back and let the goodies come the way they are supposed to. This is my first android device so the rooting and roms is spanish to me and would rather have someone who knows how that stuff works show me how to install it than try it on my own and brick my phone....

I use my phone a lot for playing music through the bluetooth feature and it had been acting up lately so i decided to pull the plug...

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my bluetooth to listen to podcasts with no problems at all, but I understand wanting to wait for the official release.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of going back to 2.1, I have the leaked 2.2 now but got it all set up the way I like it with the apps and all the settings. If I back everything up would there be a problem trying to bring it all back once i go to stock 2.1?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
2.2 was great for me, minus a horrendous bluetooth issue where it would lock the phone down, freezing the call for about 30 seconds before doing anything

not a deal breaker for me, just avoided BTs

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of going back to 2.1, I have the leaked 2.2 now but got it all set up the way I like it with the apps and all the settings. If I back everything up would there be a problem trying to bring it all back once i go to stock 2.1?

If you are using Launcher Pro you can back up your settings and it will save your home screens to what you have now but if you do a factory wipe like I had to do you will lose some apps and have to basically start over. If you have launcher pro after re installing some of your widgets will not load you just have to put them back.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried out MyBackup app and it worked out great, did loose some widgets but no biggy, thanks. Now I'm stuck on the fence as to whether to go back to the beta 2.2 w/ root or just wait for official 2.2 release to get here. It's gonna be interesting if any of us can root right away if we wait...........