verizon certified pre-owned droid x?

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
On the Verizon website they now list the DX as a certified pre-owned option to purchase as a new phone. Maybe they've had quite a few returns...

Has anyone had any experience with the certified pre-owned program? It is appealing since it is $50 less than the new DX. With that and the $100 primary line upgrade credit, I could be looking at a DX for around $50 (after mail-in/online rebate). Lots of cash for accessories, etc...

Also, on a semi-related note, is it possible to get the additional primary line credit (after being on the plan for 20 months) when ordering ONLINE? So far I haven't been able to find that option... so I'm wondering if anyone has done it like that.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
For the NE2 I waited till midnight on the morning of the day my 20 months hit since I was so close. If you are any where near it right now it should be $50, but anyone who upgraded there phone after September 09 probably will be getting a $30 discount.
So out the door it was $149.99 with no rebate.Just noticed you are on a family plan read below.

If your getting $100 that is the NE2 discount for being the main phone on a family plan. Otherwise it would just be $199.99 (or $149.99 for the used phone). Keep in mind the certified phone is kind of weird, you don't get a discount, but you have to renew the 2 year deal. They are basically saying that they are being so nice by offering this service to you that you should be forced to stay with them an extended 2 years.

Much easier just to pay the extra $50 and then get the assurain coverage or save your 1 pre-owned purchase for when you actually need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro