mikeclan00

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
sorry if its a dumb question, but i was thinking of getting the droid x, is it a good business phone? or should i just get a Blackberry

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You've made 5 posts today asking very general questions that can be found with some simple research. Take the time and make an opinion of your own.

You can easily find why the incredible is in high demand, if the eris is good for a kid, if the DX is better than a BB for business, the CPU question about the DX and if HTC offer the best phone experience.

Do research and find some answers, that is why these forums are here.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you're going to post a new thread, make the title a little more broad than "droid x"

modset777

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
He was just asking a simple question. No need to flame someone. Yes, it is a good business phone. I was using blackberry, but this is hands-down better.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use my X for business. I wouldn't go back to BlackBerry personally. I have 2 Gmail accounts and 2 exchange accounts on my X. It seems I can only use one exchange directory. I don't miss the battery pulls of the BlackBerry! I miss BB Messenger, but I'm getting used to Google Talk. The wife feels the same way and both of us are totally happy we switched to the X. Actually, there's really nothing we miss about the 9700's we had. We only missed the physical keyboard for about a day. After about a week, we were totally in love with the X for business and pleasure.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
while i agree that research is your friend (especially since it can help you form a decision based on what you need specifically from your phone)

the droid (and android 2.x+ in general) has grown a lot in terms of business use, and it is a very capable phone.

however, messaging is what the BB platform was designed around and still remains one of the best messaging devices around.

so, if your use revolves primarily around emails and your work uses BES and that's all you really want from your phone, then the BB might be a better solution. also, if you travel abroad there (currently) are no cdma/gsm (verizon world phone) devices yet.

BUT

if you want your phone to do more than message people and either don't travel, or have another solution for traveling, then the droid x is a much better device all around, messaging is done quite well and everything else (navigation, apps, INTERNET, etc) are going to be excecuted and far more useable on the android platform

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think bb is way better if you just want a phone for business. It's just easier to type on the keyboard than a touchscreen. Where the bb gets blown away however, is everything else you can do with the phone beside email.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
sorry if its a dumb question, but i was thinking of getting the droid x, is it a good business phone? or should i just get a Blackberry

I had a blackberry but replaced mine with dx and have an incredible as well .

Since you was asking about the dx I think it can do everything my blackberry did for me as far as emails, SmS text. I get pushed email from outlook express(pop-server) which is how I did on my blackberry. I also get pushed email from gmail .

The browser is far above blackberries browser for sure :),much faster and better web browsing and for those not planning or wanting to root when froyo is out for the dx will only be better. (its already out for the incredible).

Thats about all I do is email, sms, web browse,maps,navigation,and search,,, anyhoo so the android fit my needs better doubt I will go back to a BB

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think bb is way better if you just want a phone for business. It's just easier to type on the keyboard than a touchscreen. Where the bb gets blown away however, is everything else you can do with the phone beside email.

I thought that at first and it's the reason I was hesitant to switch to Android. In fact, I originally got the OG Droid with the keyboard. Within my 30 days, I realized that I was using the on screen keyboard and not using the slide out. I traded my OG Droid for the DX on release day. Sure, the stock keyboard isn't that great for everyone, but there are alternatives available that make it a better experience. I personally bounce back between stock and Swype. I like Swype for short messages and I actually prefer the stock for longer messages. I like that it's really quick and easy to switch keyboards to one I like. If it required rooting around in the menu, I would not be as happy with the touchscreen keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34