TTS service

jsz3us

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
If you go into setting/text-to-speech. you will probably see an option to "Install voice data". Is there a way to uninstall it. It is causing problem with the bluetooth built into my car. When my phone is connected to my car bluetooth my stereo rings when I have an incoming call. Well that was the cause until I got my DroidX. My buddy has a DX and when I paired it to my car, the stereo rings when he got an incoming call. We both have the same phones with identical settings and firmware except for the TTS service. Before I checked setting I thought it was my phone(my phone was also having random restarts), so I went to Verizon and complained and got a new DX. Restored everything and paired it to my car a day or two later and it still didn't ring through my stereo.

SO last night is when I compared setting on my buddy's phone and mine and found the only thing to be different was this text-to-speech option was installed on my phone and not on his. So I did a factory restore from the settings menu and when I check the setting directly after the restore, the TTS was still installed. Is there any way to delete it at all. Is there a more in-depth factory restore that erases this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If you go into setting/text-to-speech. you will probably see an option to "Install voice data". Is there a way to uninstall it. It is causing problem with the bluetooth built into my car. When my phone is connected to my car bluetooth my stereo rings when I have an incoming call. Well that was the cause until I got my DroidX. My buddy has a DX and when I paired it to my car, the stereo rings when he got an incoming call. We both have the same phones with identical settings and firmware except for the TTS service. Before I checked setting I thought it was my phone(my phone was also having random restarts), so I went to Verizon and complained and got a new DX. Restored everything and paired it to my car a day or two later and it still didn't ring through my stereo.

SO last night is when I compared setting on my buddy's phone and mine and found the only thing to be different was this text-to-speech option was installed on my phone and not on his. So I did a factory restore from the settings menu and when I check the setting directly after the restore, the TTS was still installed. Is there any way to delete it at all. Is there a more in-depth factory restore that erases this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could use the 604 SBF which should be an out of the box unmolested copy of the OS. Don't know who what or where the TTS stuff is stored though, if it lasted through a factory reset I would guess its stored in a folder on your SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC