Help my Droid is Freaking me out

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know whats going on with my Droid first when I plug it into my computer this thing is playing ring tones. I turned off ALL my email Notifications. This thing is playing ring tones every time. Help I don't know what to do it won't STOP. It's Freaking me out waking me up at night!!!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
No worries, sounds like your particular Droid is the leader of the Android revolution. It is simply broadcasting take-over transmissions to other droid devices world wide. Feel blessed that it is yours :)

Ok all kidding aside (or am I?) I would have to say, check your Notification ringtone page under Settings -> Sound/Display. See what it's set to. Is the ringtone that keeps playing automatically on its own the same as is set in here? If yes, then most likely something you have, either Handcent or maybe email client, is triggering the notification ringtone when it receives something.

So if you have any custom apps that receive things, like Twitter, Facebook, Handcent, GMail etc check those for notification options.

slater

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
When you get a usb connection it pops up and gives the found of whatever you have as your notification in settings-> sounds & display->notification ringtone.

This sood be what is playing. Change this and the song will no longer play.

topgunz1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
when i plug mine in it opens a tab in firefox and sends me to a VZW page, I think its for vcast music. It did it 3-4 times last night while i was setting it up initially. It did not do it on my work computer today but I did it as "charge only" on it.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Lol at Dark leader that was Funny! LMFAO
Any way I have Silenced all notification on the phone except my ring tone. IT"S STILL PLAYING!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes thats right, when you plug your phone into a computer it will play your notification sound. So for me, its the DROOOID voice, so everytime I hook it up to my PC I hear it.

I just tested it and if I put my phone in Silent mode and then hook it up, it doesn't make the noise. Turn off Silent mode, hook it up, says DROOOOID. So it's definitely the way the phone works. I think it should be ok!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably because I am running leaked 2.2 and in Froyo the Sound/Display tab has been heavily refined. They're now seperate tabs for each, and some of the settings and options in them have been changed.

I guess this is another nice part to Froyo, easy option to turn on Silent Mode. Sadly I don't know how to turn on Silent Mode on stock right this moment :( I can look through the manual though. Didn't see anything. I know you can put it on silent mode though, just don't know how bah.

Last edited:

slater

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why the instant email notification subscription isn't working for me with anything I'm subscribe to including this thread...anywho I normally just end up having my phone on silent mode so I don't hear droid notification tone anyways.

traindrvr63

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Probably because I am running leaked 2.2 and in Froyo the Sound/Display tab has been heavily refined. They're now seperate tabs for each, and some of the settings and options in them have been changed.

I guess this is another nice part to Froyo, easy option to turn on Silent Mode. Sadly I don't know how to turn on Silent Mode on stock right this moment :( I can look through the manual though. Didn't see anything. I know you can put it on silent mode though, just don't know how bah.

You can put it in silent mode by holding down the power key for 1 sec... then gives you the option to go to silent mode.. airplane mode or power off. Hope this helps.:cool: