Intalling leak 2.2 on the X

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys. I have been reading and searching for about an hour now and havent been able to find any of these answers that made complete sense so i will ask.

1. Do i have to root to install the leaked 2.2?

2. If I do any suggestions on threads to show me how step by step?

3. If not how do I go about installing the leak?

Sorry to be such a noob I am knowledgeable with android just not rooting or installing leaks (maybe that means I'm not as knowledgeable as I think....)

Thanks in advance for the help. I really want to see if 2.2 is going to fix the volume issue for me!

Also, how hard is it to get back to 2.1 so I will get the OTA for sure?

Last edited:

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You do not have to have root to install the leaked 2.2, but once you install it you can not, at this time, root your phone. If you don't ever want to root then feel free to update without root.

As for part two i would suggest looking in the rooting/custom rom subforum of the droid x forums.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Sure I can answer them for you:

1. No you do not need to be rooted, although I suggest rooting anyways. By installing the leaked 2.2 you are already "technically" voiding your warranty, so it doesn't really make a difference for that matter.

2. Yes follow the instructions on this page: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Smartphones/Motorola/Droid-X/Droid-X.html

3. I still recommend you root first, because once you install 2.2 there is no way to root from within, so you must be rooted before installing. But to install 2.2 simply follow the instructions at the page I linked to above.

2.2 sadly doesn't seem to fix my volume issues :(

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a newbie, and I installed the leaked 2.2 pretty easily. I went back to 2.1, though, in order to make sure I get the official update when it comes out. Installing the leaked 2.2 is pretty painless; going back to 2.1 is a little trickier. You do not have to be rooted (mine is not).

Just as an aside, 2.2 did fix my volume issues. Of course, the sound sucks again now that I'm back on 2.1.

irishpride

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
can't we root 2.2 via the same method as the d2? i thought i remember reading it somewhere...

Yes, you can root using the D2 method. It's a little more complex, but if your at all familiar with ADB it's not too difficult, in fact, it's a lot like the original root method for the DX.

Sent from my DROIDX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney