I am on my second DX (just received the new one 2 wks ago) and I have had more restarts on this one than the first...I have basically no apps on the phone, no task killer

Last night sent a txt and battery was at 40%....20 min later picked up the phone and it was dead as a doornail. OK i thought maybe it ran out of battery (not likely) so I put it on the charger over night and I still cant turn it on. WTH???? anyone else had this issue???

I am DONE with the DX...going back today to get a new phone....any suggestions?
    09-05-2010 09:16 AM
    Could you stick it out or go back to an older phone until the Fascinate is released later this week??
    09-05-2010 10:09 AM
    hmmmm didnt know a new one was coming out...is on the verizon network?
    09-05-2010 10:36 AM
    hmmmm didnt know a new one was coming out...is on the verizon network?
    I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be recommending a phone on T-Mobile if you're a Verizon user.

Of course it's on Verizon.
    09-05-2010 12:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be recommending a phone on T-Mobile if you're a Verizon user.

Of course it's on Verizon.
    dont be rude...why post if you dont have something constructive to say??? It was an honest question...I havent heard of anything new over on Verizon although i have been consumed with the brick I have right now...
    09-05-2010 07:53 PM
    I guess you would not know since your phone won't stay on. That sucks. Had reboot issues but not since I have 2.2, no task killer and did not sync facebook. Good luck on the phone hunt.
    dont be rude...why post if you dont have something constructive to say??? It was an honest question...I havent heard of anything new over on Verizon although i have been consumed with the brick I have right now...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    peppermintpea likes this.
    09-05-2010 10:12 PM
    hope i helped
    peppermintpea likes this.
    09-05-2010 10:42 PM
    well....no luck with DX...I am going to get the D2 tomorrow. really wanted the DX to work oh well
    09-06-2010 09:53 PM
    My phone shut down too! It's not even a month old! What the heck is going on! Up til now I had no issues what so ever!
    02-03-2011 10:36 AM
    well....no luck with DX...I am going to get the D2 tomorrow. really wanted the DX to work oh well
    Have you tried to get the phone to boot up into the stock recovery? I would give that a try first and if you do get it to boot into the recover do a factory reset. I really like the X it has been a fantastic phone, but I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with them.
    02-03-2011 10:44 AM
    Typical troubleshooting steps for buggy phone.

1) Reboot with battery pull.
    2) Clear phones cache-not browser. Google this.
    3) Run in safe mode
    4) Master reset-back up your stuff! Contacts, etc.
    5) Take it back.

Do not install apps while trouble shooting. Many problems are caused by crappy 3rd part apps.
    02-03-2011 11:14 AM
    I agree with Rocko ... many apps are pure trouble when installed. Also, be aware that having apps auto-update in the background (from the Market) will brick your X unexpectedly. I went into My Apps in Market and had to UN-check auto-update for each one. I still get update notices, but can update when I'm not busy on something else. Has made all the difference.
    02-04-2011 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD