After reboot ringtone goes back to default

tommy m

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use an mp3 ringtone off the sdcard but when reboot my phone or after a while the ringtone will revert back to the default ringtone. Is this a bug? Anyone having this issue or have a fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use an mp3 ringtone off the sdcard but when reboot my phone or after a while the ringtone will revert back to the default ringtone. Is this a bug? Anyone having this issue or have a fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This normally happens when you mount the drive as a storage device because this make it so the phone can not access the selected file so it automatically defaults out to original ringer so you wont miss a call if someone calls. My habit is to connect as Charge Oly when I do not need to access drive and this usually resolves this issue.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me too. Not sure what the best solution is, but are your ringtones in the default ringtone folder (the one automatically in your card when the phone sets it up)?

You can also make a folder and subfolders (media->audio->ringtones) and try keeping it in there and see if that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol