Tethering Question (i know again)

wakebrdr94

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I know there are apps to allow this, but my questions is.....

I know there are apps that allowing, but I found an article that lets you link your Bluetooth phone to your computer and use it as an access point and you can then use your phone as a modem. I tried it and it worked (this was windows 7). So which is the better way to tether? If I do not use an app, does the carrier see this? Any help with this would be great

thanks
Dave

How to Tether Droid X

Is the link to the article I found

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if verizon will charge you for this or not.

Non-verizon tethering apps require root, so if you do not wish to root your phone and this method is completely free then i would say go for it. I dont think you can tether multiple devices using bluetooth, but I could be wrong. The wireless tethering apps do allow multiple devices at once. Also I think the speed of the apps would be faster.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't like tethering with Bluetooth. I was turned off with it using my Blackberry. It was too buggy on BB and I never wanted to try on Droid. For my Droid, I usually use Barnacle WiFi (because the wife shares my connection usually with her laptop too). It does require root access. If you don't want to root, you can use PDANet. It's free for 14 days i think. Check the market for price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC