Just ordered a Fascinate.....

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Not that I am dissatisfied with my X... but (i am being very very picky here), the X is a little bigger than I would like it to be while the Fascinate's 4" screen seems just right, the X's camera is meh and the Fascinate's Super Amoled screen looks just too good.

Also...

Hello, my name is kilofox and I am a cellphone whore. :p

PS... After I have the Sammy for a few days, I will decide whether to keep it or not. If I keep it, I think my rooted 2.2 X with extended battery will cover a big chunk of the $579 price of the Sammy (ouch)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
enjoy!

you really can't go wrong with any of this gens android offerings.

the unlocked bootloader and samoled screen were tempting, but the battery life and samsung's crappy past support experience drove me away.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
"In the end, it comes down to size and resolution, and the Droid X wins in both regards, with 4.3 inches to the Captivate’s 4 inches, and 480 x 854 pixels to the Captivates 480 x 800."

Bigger isnt always better... but that is a personal choice. I can live without the 54 pixels for a Super Amoled screen and a more pocketable phone.

3G Hotspot - Root will take care of that.

Camera... I have been disappointed with the X's camera, I thought my Incredible took better pictures. Plus the F shoots 30fps video, X 24 fps.

Storage - 16gb SD card is more that enough for me. Froyo will negate some of the internal storage issues for me.

But this is all a matter of preference.... Engadget could be right on... I will know in a few days if they are right or not.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would read this. Motorola Droid X vs. Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Even engadget isn't too impressed with the Facinate.

Good read! thanks

Edit: I was reading the comments... I am still curious about battery life. It seems to me, that even with the STOCK battery the droid X trumps any other smartphone out, which that in itself is enough for me. Much less you can get the extended battery (Motorola) for $27, and it still fits in 80% of cases, and it gives a solid 20-30% more.

Last edited:

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
... samsung's crappy past support experience drove me away.

This. For just under a year, I had an uber-expensive Samsung laser printer (that just ate through uber-expensive toner and jammed all the time) in my home office. One day it broke. I took it in for service, where $140 later this rubber wheel was fixed and it worked...for three more days. Then another error popped up. The tech said this fix would cost the same as the printer itself. I called technical support and emailed the help people, and got the same response from both: Tough cookies, @#$%-o. Buy the part or buy something else. It was shocking how dismissive they were, especially given that my tone was cool and not ****ish at all. I'll never buy Samsung again.

Also: Bing.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Also: Bing.

This.

Also, this..... AT&T

I was with AT&T for over 10 years. It would take a miracle for me to ever go back. Verizon's customer service is no better/worse than AT&T's but one thing they do have is a decent selection of smartphones.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Sure is a lot of hate going around for Bing and TouchWiz... To be honest I like TouchWiz. Not sure about Bing, guess Google integration would indeed be better.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I found that after and it no longer works, would have been nice because I get a 35% corporate discount. Battery will cost me about $32 with my discount, maybe I will get lucky and find a code I can use soon :)

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
"In the end, it comes down to size and resolution, and the Droid X wins in both regards, with 4.3 inches to the Captivate?s 4 inches, and 480 x 854 pixels to the Captivates 480 x 800."

Bigger isnt always better... but that is a personal choice. I can live without the 54 pixels for a Super Amoled screen and a more pocketable phone.

3G Hotspot - Root will take care of that.

Camera... I have been disappointed with the X's camera, I thought my Incredible took better pictures. Plus the F shoots 30fps video, X 24 fps.

Storage - 16gb SD card is more that enough for me. Froyo will negate some of the internal storage issues for me.

But this is all a matter of preference.... Engadget could be right on... I will know in a few days if they are right or not.

I don't think you're going to like that X so much after playing with the Galaxy S for a while.
I think there is a 2200mah battery available for the Fascinate already or very soon, which beats the wimpy "extended" battery offered for the X.
We compared the Inc to the X to a Galaxy S and the Galaxy S had a better screen , and noticeably better video. I also like the polished UI that the Samsung has....add that to ultra fast swipe and its a killer text machine.
This is a bad forum to post about dropping the Droid X for a Fascinate, you know people are going to try to claim the X is better.... LMAO

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say I am curious about this screen... I think the X looks amazing but I bet the Samsungs look really amazing

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a BB CUrve 8330, I could give 2 ****s if the Fascinate has Bing or not. I just ordered mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
This.

Also, this..... AT&T

I was with AT&T for over 10 years. It would take a miracle for me to ever go back. Verizon's customer service is no better/worse than AT&T's but one thing they do have is a decent selection of smartphones.

the fascinate is a verizon device....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon