Problem with removing accounts from phone

Weathermanjake

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I put my facebook account into the My Accounts program on my phone but want to get rid of it because I do not want to have 800 people in my contacts list. I went to the My Accounts program and tried to delete it but it says "An error has occured. Please try again. I tried to delete my Gmail account and it did the same thing. Is there a fix for this?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting first, then if that don't work make sure you close all apps that usually receive data from those accounts, the phone will not allow you to remove a account if it is retrieving data from the account... I suggest download Advance Task Killer and close all email, contacts or group communication apps, like tweeter, My Space and so on and then try removing account.

Weathermanjake

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried all of that earlier. I even went into running services and made sure nothing was running in there that had anything to do with facebook and it still gives me and the same error.

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried all of that earlier. I even went into running services and made sure nothing was running in there that had anything to do with facebook and it still gives me and the same error.

I had the same problem. I ended up putting the phone in Airplane mode, rebooting, keeping it in Airplane mode, and deleting the facebook profile. If it tells you to connect, go ahead and connect and then QUICKLY delete the facebook profile.