New User feeling clueless

polenz

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just received my phone today and I cannot get my outlook mail to sync. I had blackberries before this and I do not sync my phone to the calendar or anything I just use it to check email. Is it possible to sync outlook without getting corporate info? I'm not sure if it's a pop or imap or whatever it was asking and what would be the port info it's looking for also? I did some searching but couldn't figure it out.

Is this something I'll just have to deal with being on android now instead of the BIS network? I hope not. I can always log in through the internet but thats two extra steps.

polenz

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I should also say I don't use my personal email just my work outlook. I've tried the email account setup but it comes back and says there's an error. I'm really hoping I don't have to work with the IT dept because i don't think they'll give me the info because I'm not on the corporate phone plan.

sparky12

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to find the connection info in Outlook under Accounts including how it pulls email down. If you're just using Outlook for the email piece then it's probably imap or pop3. If that's the case, then you can just add a normal email account to the DX. This also makes sense since the BB BIS use those same protocols. Keep us posted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
First off just because it is a corporate email does not mean it is exchange. My company does not use exchange we use imap or pop. Like was suggested already go into the settings of your email program from work and see what it is setup for. Pay special attention to any authentication methods that they might be using and if what the incoming and outgoing ports are standard is 25 and 110.

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
i know for me with my personal email, on both of my blackberys and now my droid x it tried to set up my email with a different server name. Every time it automatically put it as optonline.net and i had to go in and switch it to mail.optonline.net for both incoming and outgoing servers. Maybe this could be related to your problem if not feel free to destroy my post :)

sparky12

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm understanding correctly, you use Outlook for access to Exchange when you're in the office, and maybe when you're out of the office if they have Outlook Anywhere set up, but you set up the BIS to access your account via Webmail extensions. If that's the case, I don't believe the DX supports that method of getting to email.

Is your IT department not willing to turn on ActiveSync? If they're already making Webmail available then it's not much of a stretch since the hub and transport servers/services are already in place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty