help with a device for streaming music in my truck

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the droid x OEM dock and love it. In my van I can put plug in the 1/4 headphone jack a tape deck replay tape and hear my phone calls and music along with turn by turn using my vans speakers. My problem is my truck is a 2001 and doesn't have a audio input on the dash.I have CD only so how can I hear my music, phone calls and nav turn by turn? What do you guys use? It would be nice to be able to have built in mic for making calls but not needed.

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the droid x OEM dock and love it. In my van I can put plug in the 1/4 headphone jack a tape deck replay tape and hear my phone calls and music along with turn by turn using my vans speakers. My problem is my truck is a 2001 and doesn't have a audio input on the dash.I have CD only so how can I hear my music, phone calls and nav turn by turn? What do you guys use? It would be nice to be able to have built in mic for making calls but not needed.

Use an FM transmitter that plugs into the X headphone jack. Here is one sold on Amazon.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you wanna go cheap then fm transmitter is the way to go. Wanna spend a little more, go with a bluetooth visor mount. Gives you some phone control without having to grab your phone while you are driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles