Full 3G + wifi but no connection

alosenster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I frequently have full 3G bars and wifi connected at my house, yet my X is unable to connect to the internet. This includes the browser, marketplace... everything.

I already tried updating my roaming capabilities.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Be sure to check the wifi trouble shooting sticky. What I think is happening is that your wifi hangs due to the many possibilities talked about in the wifi thread. Wifi and 3G data do not run at the same time, this is normal, wifi takes priority. Since yours is in a frozen state android doesn't know to turn back on 3G and route data through that connection. Toggle wifi off and ot will go through 3G. Toggle it back on and wifi will work again until it freezes again.
Leaked 2.2 fixes alot but not all, it is hoped that the official 2.2 will have it fixed completely. It better considering how late it is already.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Like roberte1342 said, bugs :(

Leaked 2.2 does alleviate a good bit of this though. I haven't had nearly as much trouble with connection problems since moving to it. But there is still the occasional hiccup in connection which is annoying as anything. Market gives network errors, browser just freezes loading a page, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech