Reinstall 2.1

jsz3us

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a dx with 2.1. All I want to do is a fresh install of 2.1. I downloaded the text to speech software to my dx and I never use it and I cant uninstall it. I have tried a "factory data rest" in the privacy menu but that didn't get rid of it. Can someone please steer me in the direction on how to do this?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You're going to lose all your apps and settings, but if thats ok with you (you did say you want a fresh install of 2.1) then turn off your phone, then hold the HOME button and while holding it turn the phone back on. You'll see a little droid and exclamation point. Press the search button to get the menu. Use the volume down button to move to wipe data, press menu for ok. Once that's done volume down to wipe cache, press menu for ok. Then once thats over reboot the phone (top option)

If that doesn't do what you want then you'll need to SBF flash, which is a way more involved process.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have this installed and even though I don't use it, it's out of sight, out of mind. I would only ever do the above process if something was seriously hosed, or not working correctly.

a piece of software you can't uninstall? ehhhhhh.. not worth it IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney