Text Ringers

slez#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to assign a custom ringer for texts for a specific contact? I know you can assign ringtones, but can't figure out for text notifications.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to assign a custom ringer for texts for a specific contact? I know you can assign ringtones, but can't figure out for text notifications.

You can customize ringers for users through the contacts information but I do not believe you can change sms alerts to reflect each user but I do believe you can do this with Ringo Pro - Ringtones Manager on the market or Ringo Pro - Ringtones Manager - Android app on AppBrain

screen
screen

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
If you use Handcent for texting instead of the stock app you can set different ringers for each contact a well as different color led lights for each and icons in the status bar.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
How/where do you set this up in Handcent?
You can do this for someone that you have texted and they show in your list in Handcent. Touch on their name and it will take you in to their texts. On the upper right hand corner you will see a person with a gear. Tap that and then go in to notification settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk