I have a Droid X with 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
but how ever he got it on the phone he is still asking a question to other 2.2 users so there is no need for people to call him a liar over and over, the first 3 posts prove that, I am not saying he is or is not lying but people didnt even ask to see the build number before calling BS

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
but how ever he got it on the phone he is still asking a question to other 2.2 users so there is no need for people to call him a liar over and over, the first 3 posts prove that, I am not saying he is or is not lying but people didnt even ask to see the build number before calling BS

Its to big a wall of nonsense writing to be able to read more then he has 2.2 from Verizon/Assurian.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
true and I had a tough time getting past that as well and to be honest I didnt read the whole post because of it but enough of it to understand (I think) ;)

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Guys, remember it is a refurb unit, we have seen in the past that units have come with something other then the stock OS on it. I have read about people getting a refurb with the next OS or even a custom ROM on the unit when they got it! What is to say someone didn't root, install 2.2 have a problem and send it back and after it was certified like new it was sent out with 2.2?!?!

Also to the OP, don't let this get you discouraged with this community, This really is the best one I personally have been involved in. Far less arguing and bickering then any other, you will see it from time to time but over all people are very helpful here

I agree with this. I've heard way to many stories of people buying phones and having leaked unofficial OS's on them. Hell, people have even found pictures of other people on their phones!

Verizon has a 30 day no hassle policy that if you don't like the phone you can bring it back. Those phones go through a basic test: Does it turn on? Does it make calls? Can it go online? if the answer is yes to all then it gets put back into the box and sold as a "like new" unit or is used as a replacement phone. They don't check the build number of the OS and especially since 2.1 and 2.2 don't have any staggering noticeable differences between the two.

Cut the guy some slack. If he's lying, who gives a crap. Is he stealing money from you or harming your family? No...let it go. I swear, people are becoming more and more like children each passing day. If you ignore the people you think are lying, guess what...they go away. You fuel the fire with arguments well then the opposite happens, same thing as feeding a stray dog.

jrmvideo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't you guys have anything better to do?

I have been told that my post is causing a defamation on my character by people who don't know me. Which points to a serious deficiency in the concept of trusting one another.

Also apparently my flagrant disregard for proper punctuation and "A wall of nonsense" has also been flagged by sharp detailed minded individuals. By the way, the poster who called my post a wall of nonsense. You misspelled nonsense. So please excuse my naivety, but I wasn't aware that proper punctuation was pre-requisite for getting helpful assistance. I'll make a note of that for future correspondence.

I would sincerely like to apologize to the readers of this forum. I never intended to ignite such a fire storm. I wasn't aware of the 2.1-2.2 issues. Frankly, I would have never known except, I can't find any documentation for 2.2 online. Which is the only reason I specifically specified 2.2 in my post so that I would get solid solutions from only 2.2 users. Which apparently as I stated in my original post, places me in a rather small minority of 2.2 users.

Back to the business at hand. My reputation is being smeared in this public forum. The reason why? Because I have 2.2 and you don't? I also drive a certain brand of car that some of you don't. Are you going to criticize me for that too?

Just some helpful criticisms. You need to very careful what you post in public forum that may contain derogatory or negative comments about another individual. If you call someone a liar in a public forum. That could be construed as defamation of character and a civil action could be brought against the person who made the comment. We live in a litigious society. People get sued for having the wrong colored eyes. I'm not saying that a plaintiff would prevail in a case like that. But if an individual's reputation get's harmed by a specific comment and he or she can prove it. They could be awarded damages. Now to illustrate what I am saying. The first few posts to my request for assistance were baseless, rude and defamatory. These posts have now created a negative impression of me to people who don't even know me. In actually my, reputation has been harmed. My credibility has been questioned and generally my trustworthiness has been damaged. All by a few words that were posted on this public forum. I asked the original poster of those words a simple question. Were they meant to be helpful or hurtful? They certainly were,'t helpful. So my obvious conclusion is that you spend your valuable time to post words that were intended to embarrass and ruin my creditability. Was that your intention?

However, there appears to be a settlement in the works. Some of the posters here apparently need to see evidence and being in the law enforcement business, I always back up my cases with evidence. So if a picture of my phone is going to refocus your efforts to help with a solution to my call log problem. Here it is.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
honestly, what do you care about what people in an online forum, who chances are you will never come into contact with, think about you? Maybe that's just me, but I've always been of the mindset that if you don't like me, that's great, I really don't care, not going to effect my life....

I think you may be taking this just a bit too seriously....just sayin...

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's the same "About Phone" screen that I have also and I'm running the latest 2.2 leak.

As to your issues, I can confirm that you cannot search the recent calls list as I have just tried. I don't use voice dialing but I can see that it sounds like more of a pain. I've tried it a couple times and it worked fine for me. I just said "Call Cassidy Mobile" and it searched real quick and then when it found her, I said "Dial" and it dialed.

There may be a 3rd-party dialer on the market somewhere that has a searchable recent calls list but I haven't even looked but I'd give that a shot.

anon(41665)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
jrmvideo,

I actually agree with a few others that the negative responses to your claim and request for help seemed a bit silly and uncalled for, however I think your response now, though impressively worded, is nearly as silly.

Good luck though if you choose to pursue that defamation thing. You are posting anonymously (unless your legal name really is "jrmvideo") on a public forum where other anonymous people suggested you were being untruthful and you later stated: "As far as people calling out BS. So what? I don't care if you don't believe that my DX came to me loaded with 2.2." .

Welcome to the Internet! Accusing someone of being untruthful happens all the time. Politicians do it on television. Lawyers get paid to do it. I'm a pretty good Battlefield:BC2 player and regularly get accused of hacking/cheating! Maybe I should pursue civil action? ;)

Anywho...personally I thought you were being truthful and hope you get your issues resolved.

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Way too much thought put into this. Great. You have 2.2 and we don't. Fantastic. Time to move on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
honestly, what do you care about what people in an online forum, who chances are you will never come into contact with, think about you? Maybe that's just me, but I've always been of the mindset that if you don't like me, that's great, I really don't care, not going to effect my life....

I think you may be taking this just a bit too seriously....just sayin...

i dont like you!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678