Experiencing an unusual problem with my DX Help, Help,Help!!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm having a serious problem with my X.

When I get an incoming call you know how the back light goes out to keep you from pressing buttons, well my is operating the opposite way. When I put my phone to my ear it lighting up and exposing the keyboard/dial pad. Of course I'm hanging up on folks and all that. But get this when I lean the phone down it will not light back up and therefore i can't end the call!!!!!:mad:

Also if I place a call the keyboard(dial pad) will only show up as long as my cheek is on the phone. If I lean it away I won't see anything but the conversation/ or ring will continue

Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to fix it!

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is it on speaker phone? I know that turns off the "shut the screen off when it is near my face" function.

When you put the phone down and the screen is off, can you press the top lock button to unlock the screen?

G

GenericMessage

Have you selected any of the orientation settings in the settings menu?

This could account for your issues.

Maybe

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have checked my settings and it's still doing the same thing! I put it to my ear it lights up. I take it away it goes out. I put my hand over the ear piece and it lights up!! Go figure!

wait.... I have a case that folds over my droid could the magnet mess with sensor!!!

OOhh snap........ I think it's the case "I think"!!!

update: it's the case i can't believe it.....Wth!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol