Photo Gallery issue

jayjay1579#AC

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
so i looked through the threads and didnt see anything on this so if its a repeat my bad...

im on my third replacment droid x... yes third. :(
got it on the release date and didnt have a problem at all with it until about 3 weeks ago. every time i go to open my photo gallery and scroll through my pictures (i have about 350) i get about a 1/4 the way through it and it crashes. kicks me back to the screen showing all the different folders. ive tried doing this in each folder and it does the same thing.

went to verizon last monday and they havent heard of this problem and they send me a replacement. the one i got did the same thing. so they sent me another. got that yesterday, went to activate it today and couldnt. the phone kept shutting off on me. so went back to verizon and kept the one i had and sent the new one i JUST got back. and they are now sending me another one.
anyone have this issue or know how to fix it?

i dont have anything on my memory card besides a backup of my apps using astro file manager (which i didnt have until i had this issue, the lady at the store installed it so i could backup my apps) and the pictures i take on my phone.
the guy today at the store even put his memory card in and it did the same thing.
i use advanced app killer, but even so after my phone had a factory reset on it, no apps were on it and it was still doing it.

thanks in advance for any help!

ridindrity

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Having same problem along with my phone ONLY vibrating for incoming calls. I have a replacement being sent to me that will arrive tomorrow. I am really hoping that the new one does not do the same thing....I will keep you updated

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No offense but you 2 need to use the search feature of this forum.both the gallery app problem and the ringer issue are known software glitches in android 2.1 on the dx. The ringer issue has to do with the proximity sensor settings and you need to do a data reset. The gallery app is screwed until froyo comes out. In the mean time, you can download 3d gallery from the marketplace.
S earchthe forums and you'll find more in depth answers to your issues! They have been discussed.

tvith

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I guess if it's a software issue, there's nothing we can do till and update is issued, but in the mean time I go through my photos while it's in landscape mode. It works that way.

blile

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with a ton of pictures and videos. I moved half of them to another folder on my card and the problem went away. I think the app just can't handle rendering that many media files and crashes. Hope that helps someone