I see lots of people who talk about having or installing Swype on the their Droid X. I just swithced from a Samsung Fascinate and love swype. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how I would get this on my device?

Can it be purchased in the market?

Thanks
    09-17-2010 09:00 AM
    It's on there from the factory. Just long press where you are entering text and tap on input method and select swype.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    coltsbr likes this.
    09-17-2010 09:03 AM
    I see lots of people who talk about having or installing Swype on the their Droid X. I just swithced from a Samsung Fascinate and love swype. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how I would get this on my device?

Can it be purchased in the market?

Thanks
    It comes preinstalled. Just go to keyboards in the settings menu and switch input method to swype. Easy peasy.

Edit: Or you can use the method above. Its even easier.
    coltsbr likes this.
    09-17-2010 09:03 AM
    Thank you so much! I was going crazy trying to type the old way!
    I love this X!!!!!!
    09-17-2010 09:12 AM
    How to switch keyboards:

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ange-keyboards
    09-17-2010 09:55 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but i found the regular keyboard easier for me to use on this device. When i had the Droid 2, the smaller screen made Swype the ideal keyboard ( i still found the physical keyboard on the D2 uncomfortable ) so i used the on-screen keyboard in preparation to switch to the X when one was available. On the X, i find Swype rather awkward.
    09-17-2010 12:15 PM
    On the X, i find Swype rather awkward.
    Swype is awkward in landscape. When the phone is in portrait, Swype is far easier than manually typing words out.

100th post
    09-17-2010 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD