Cannot copy entire update.zip file -DX

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble copying the update file to my sdcard on my Droid X. I am able to begin copying to my sdcard, but about 75% into the copy process it stops and I get a message "Cannot Copy File, device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening? I have tried it many times with the same outcome. Thanks!

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey, had the same problem. Solved it rather quickly.

Download Astro File Manager. Then use the copy function within Astro to move the update.zip file to the root level of your SD card.

Power down, hold the home button and power button until you get the funky icons, press the search button (far right), use the volume down button to select the update.zip file, press the cam button, watch the load process until its done, volume up to reboot, ENJOY FROYO 2.2!!

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have astro, but how do I get the update.zip file from my computer to my phone? Can I access it on my computer from astro? Anytime I try to copy from my computer, I get the error. USB Debug is enabled.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have astro, but how do I get the update.zip file from my computer to my phone? Can I access it on my computer from astro? Anytime I try to copy from my computer, I get the error. USB Debug is enabled.

Have you tried to place in card reader in PC and copy file from there? And did I miss something, which update are you attempting to load, are you speaking of the leaked 2.2?

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You may want to consider that your update.zip file is corrupted. Just a hypothesis.

However I have gotten the file over to a Droid one of two ways:

1. I mounted the Droid to a computer using a USB cable and dragged a dropped the file on the root of the SD card.

2. I saved the update.zip in my Dropbox folder on my computer. I then installed the Dropbox app on my Droid. Then I simply moved the update.zip file from the Dropbox app on my Droid to the root of my SD card. Then I installed Froyo.

Either of these ways works. Let me know how you solve. But first get a new update.zip file and try the mounting method again.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
which version of froyo are you updating to? the one that requires, the one that verizon sais they will not support or a new one?