Auto rotate on schedule

kizer8

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know if there is an app that will allow me to disable/enable the auto-rotate feature of my Droid X with 2.1 on a schedule at a certain time automatically?

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
the only thing that would come close is "Tasker" search for it in the market, its not free but its worth it

you can set up tons of stuff for it to do like open/close apps at different times.

for example---- whenever i put my phone in the media dock from 10PM to 5AM tasker opens my good morning app (alarm), dims the screen, turns on ringer only mode and opens the media dock mode

UPDATE: Just checked my options for tasker and device rotation is there.

so you can set it to turn off/on device rotation during whatever time period you want

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, tasker will do this. I have mine setup to disable auto-rotate when the messaging app is open. Works like a charm.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Also for your consideration is the app Extended Controls. You can build personalized widgets using it, either single, double, triple or four in a single widget. Using these, you can turn on or off whatever... There are a large number of options.

Example: I have "Torch" (flashlight) and "Screen Brightness" together in one touch-sensitive widget on my home screen. Thus, at night, I can (and do) turn on/off the LED camera light (could op to use the screen) as a flashlight and, when outside in the daylight or inside in a dim lighting, can quickly turn the brightness of the screen up or down.

This is one of the most useful and handy apps I've encountered.

One of the abilities is to turn on/off rotation.

kizer8

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone get me started and explain how I would setup Tasker to disable the auto-rotate feature at a scheduled time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt