droid x dock replacement app

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've done a bit of searching, and I can't find any answer for this...

Is there a decent replacement for, or a way to disable, the media dock home screen? I'm not talking about the car dock, I mean the multimedia desktop dock. I use it to charge and push HDMI to my monitor, but I don't want the stupid limited home screen of the dock. So I'm looking for a replacement app.

I also have Titanium. Does anyone know what app i could "freeze" for this to go away? I disabled/hid all the horrid stock bloatware this way...

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't really see anything related to the dock in sys apps other than desk home 2.2 - might try freezing that... Otherwise try to open settings while docked and see what apps or services are currently running.

I'm on 2.2 fyi, so not sure what sys apps might be dif if you're still on 2.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
facepalm-over9000.png

Duh.

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something? When you press the "X" on the top left of the screen, the dock screen goes away (until you press home).

Last edited:

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the bedside app because it just shows a blackscreen with clock and is fully customized.

If you don't want it to have anything on your screen, just do what ^ matthew suggested

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I like the dock and the app. I just wish the screen was darker. Seems dark already, but at night in a dark room, it is actually still a little bright. I would prefer it if it were pitch black with just the clock numbers, like it was when I had my BB and dock.

Otherwise, the dock app is pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678