"Dear Robert"

"Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I've reviewed your e-mail."

"We work closely with Google and our carrier partners to ensure a seamless device experience. Android 2.2 and Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta were announced in May and DROID X will receive an over-the-air upgrade to Android 2.2 late this summer, once we have fully tested it to ensure an optimized experience. However, since we have not received an official advisory, I'd rather not give any comment on exact date because I do not want to set false expectation.

"We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future."

WHAT A JOKE!!!

Raise expectation? They created this expectation with the release of Froyo on their other phones but not ours! Fully tested? They have had this phone out since 7/15. 2 MONTHS is not enough testing to get this OS out, but Droid 2 is shipped with it stock? What are they doing ALL DAY? Maybe I will be disappointed when this update comes out, but know what? I will take my chances. And could they be anymore vague? Probably not.
    09-21-2010 07:26 AM
    calm down its just a canned response
    09-21-2010 07:30 AM
    I know that.
    09-21-2010 07:36 AM
    Most people don't realize That MoToRola has a patient on the ...
    "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy.
    As the wizard said to Dorothy "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".
    As a customer we have no need to know about our property!!!!
    09-21-2010 07:40 AM
    Did you really think they would tell you when it was being released? It will get here whenever they send it out. Until then, my X is running perfectly on 2.1.
    09-21-2010 07:45 AM
    i have totally lost faith in moto.

they have forced me to go through so many different emotions is the last few weeks its ridicoulous.

i was excited to hear about the update, apprehensive as to when it would arrive, confused and upset when it didnt drop on the rumored dates, furious when we were told late summer so stfu, saddened and disgusted by the lack of communication, felt abondoned by lack of explanation, hungry and tired from all of the forum reading i have been doing

now i just feel disappointed and have realized it was an important life lesson.

i love my x on 2.1 and am really excited for 2.2, but im just to the point where i realized it will be here when motorizon feels like it.

they have had to fix so many *security* issues -- exchange not working, adobe security, google location services, i would imagine thats what has been taking so long
    09-21-2010 07:48 AM
    I guess if your happy with 2.1 that's wonderful. Could please explain to me how to get "Flash " working???
    I NEED this for weather map updates with "flash" motion.

Oh Wait a minute that only works on 2.2!!!!
    09-21-2010 07:54 AM
    Most of the front line verizon/moto grunts that we interact with, either by email or phone support do not have any information as to when froyo will be released.

the canned response is just that, a canned response. I do not see why you need to get aggravated with that. You know as much as they do.
    09-21-2010 08:07 AM
    Did you really think they would tell you when it was being released? It will get here whenever they send it out. Until then, my X is running perfectly on 2.1.
    I agree totally. Everything working great and getting a chuckle out of some of these posts.
    09-21-2010 08:15 AM
    It truly bothers me as to what's wrong in this world when people use this kind of emotion for this. IT'S AN OS ON A MOBILE PHONE!!! Damn man, calm down. Breathe. When it's ready, it'll be released. If it bothers you this much, then you need to stay away from all internet.
    DroidRage79 and seanubis like this.
    09-21-2010 08:17 AM
    I guess if your happy with 2.1 that's wonderful. Could please explain to me how to get "Flash " working???
    I NEED this for weather map updates with "flash" motion.

Oh Wait a minute that only works on 2.2!!!!
    im actually on the 2.2 leak...thats why im happy. dont get me wrong this whole situation has been a big fail
    09-21-2010 08:30 AM
    i figured out why it hasnt been released yet.........
    09-21-2010 08:32 AM
    It truly bothers me as to what's wrong in this world when people use this kind of emotion for this. IT'S AN OS ON A MOBILE PHONE!!! Damn man, calm down. Breathe. When it's ready, it'll be released. If it bothers you this much, then you need to stay away from all internet.
    true it is just an OS, but when you purchase a product for specific need and a specific promise ( exchange support and flash) and it doesnt work and isnt included it gets to be upsetting. im sure there are things in your life that matter as much to you as something as trivial as an OS matters to people like me. imagine if you purchased a new car and as you are driving it starts to rain. you turn the wipers on only to find out they dont work you take the car back to the dealer, but they say you are past the 30 day warranty.

its a free country and we are allowed to have whatever opinions we want
    09-21-2010 08:36 AM
    It's the principle behind the situ that has people frustrated... Moto/VZW made an official commitment to have froyo to us by a certain time frame- "late summer"- and has failed to deliver; nor have they offered any further info as to why, or how long the delay will be. On top of it, VZW Support has denied a "delay" to me on several occasions, including yesterday. Lame. Today, the 21st, is the official last day of summer btw.

(I'm running the leaked 2.2 build, p3droid's Tranquility and 928droid's Black Glass theme and couldn't be happier! Just frustrated with the principle behind the situ)

We'll have a cracked bootloader and (true) customs roms in no time, but the main thing is flash and exchange. People are expecting those and need them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-21-2010 09:19 AM
    09-21-2010 09:28 AM
    SEE we brought them to their knees :
    09-21-2010 09:30 AM
    And ummmm, guess what.... It's here!

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/21/droid-x-android-2-2-update-is-ready-according-to-verizon/

In case you don't know, the Droid X has th ability to "pull" an available update to the device rather than wait for it to be pushed to it. You should be able to do this soon. Go to settings>about phone>system updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-21-2010 09:30 AM
    Better late then never. Could be worse, you could have a Storm 2 and think you were getting OS6 all the way up to the launch date only to then find out "Uh oh, OS6 doesn't work on your device we developed while building OS6...so so sorry".
    09-21-2010 11:57 AM
    Kdkinc is that u from the o2 forum?r u running the leaked 2.2.15?
    09-21-2010 12:40 PM
    Patiently waiting
    09-21-2010 01:04 PM
    Raise expectation? They created this expectation with the release of Froyo on their other phones but not ours! Fully tested? They have had this phone out since 7/15. 2 MONTHS is not enough testing to get this OS out, but Droid 2 is shipped with it stock? What are they doing ALL DAY? Maybe I will be disappointed when this update comes out, but know what? I will take my chances. And could they be anymore vague? Probably not.
    2 months is not enough to fully test an operating system. I work as a software tester, and I assure you that testing does not happen quickly if it is done thoroughly.

I will admit I crave Froyo.
    09-21-2010 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD