Swype is pissing me off!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There IS a way to minimize these issues with Swype. If you do these things, you will REALLY enjoy using it...

In Settings > Language and keyboard...

Swype Settings >
-- UN-check Word prediction
-- Word Choice Window > move slider to somewhere around 70% (about 3/4 blue) so you can pick the correct word if there's a question or ignore it if the TOP word is correct (this adds to the memorized list of words)
-- And most important: Speed vs. Accuracy > all the way over to Error Tolerance (totally blue line)

Multi-touch keyboard >
-- UNcheck Show Suggestions and Auto-correct errors

(checking auto-punctuate and auto-capitalization is OK)

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
It's really easy to sit back and rip holes into others' work. I couldn't have thought of the concept of Swype, I CERTAINLY couldn't have implemented it, and I'm not arrogant enough to think I could fix problems just because I can identify them. Is it frustrating? Sure. But what the heck if your example of it being "too clever" to figure out? If you know a qwerty keyboard, it's a piece of cake.

I don't know why a 7-month old dead thread got resurrected with info that had already been posted, but while we're at it, it turned out that I had turned word prediction on.

Sent via Tapatalk
Are you insulted because you have a Farrah poster in your room? Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Lol. That's a clever way of saying laughing out loud in case you missed it.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Just had a crap night at work and was a little more irritable than a reasonable person should be. Didn't mean to attack you. Reading over it now, I see that's how it reads.

And who the hell told you about the Farrah poster? =P

Sent via Tapatalk

wbp

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but man do I agree!!! I *HATE* getting "10q" when I enter a "1". And for those of you that will offer suggestions without actually trying them, forget about suggesting how to delete it from the dictionary - tried it, and you cannot delete this one.

I actually love Swype, but this is driving me nuts.

brianr8011

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There was a new beta version that was leaked a little while back (I think after GB was official for the DX) that has some very nice improvements.

It no longer defaults to 10q, 2moro, 4ever, etc. And now, instead of automatically adding words to the dictionary, it asks you if you want to add it (this is probably my favorite improvement)

I remember that the main caveat to installing it was that you had to be rooted because you have to go in and freeze the version of swype that comes preinstalled, however with all of the easy root methods and detailed instructions available in the many forums I frequent, it could not have been simpler.

FWIW- I'm on version 3.5.83.26516.t100.26530

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie