2.2 OTA Failed to update

debob

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I've tried 5 different times with the OTA 2.2 update. First time I was rooted using EasyRoot. I figured this could be the problem...so I unrooted and rebooted. Still nothing

I then remembered that I had some files that were changed for the Nexus One theme....

So I changed those back to the original. unrooted again and re-tried...still nothing.

It gets 1/4 of the way through the progress bar on re-boot and comes up with the exclamation point in the triangle. It then reboots and says 'failed to update'

help?

jazz_nh

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
My phone is not and never was rooted, but I am also stuck on the progress bar 1/4 of the way through. How long should it take ? Hasnt moved in 1/2 hour. Since I was not rooted, should I need to follow the directions here ?

EDIT...... did a battery pull and install completed.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had a similar problem. The update downloads fine runs till it reboots the update progress bar gets 1/4 of the way then I get the ! Inside a triangle for a second before out reboots 2.1 and tells me update failed...wtf

debob

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work by flashing back to the .604 SBF...

I don't know what I forgot to change but apparently that works. Now I just need my computer to recognize my phone when I plug it in lol

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have OTA fail 1/2 way throught the progress bar. I unrooted and did a factory reset and still had a fail OTA. I tried flashing back to .604 SBF and get a "Flash Fail" message. I can see the device on line #1 and have entered the path for the sbf into the " " area. I never upgraded but did root and had Clockworkmod and LauncherPro. I am getting a bad feeling about this.

vi001101106

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
After unrooting, reverting to stock framework and services files AND doing a factory reset, the OTA upgrade finally went through.

Enjoying Froyo now.

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
TVC: you said you had clockwork mod, you might need to double check that you have completely removed bootstrap. It will cause the updates to fail. Also make sure that any default apps you may have frozen/deleted have been reinstalled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair