FROYO 2.2 Update Problems....

SlickRick107

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Got the update...FINALLY! But after a lil time playing with it, i noticed that the ringtones are a little louder. Still not as much as id like though. Also, some of my text messages are messed up. When i get a new text from some people it doesnt bring the newest text to the top of the screen. Also...how do i turn off the slide to unlock screen? I could do that in 2.1 but i cant find out how to do it on 2.2. I dont use it because i use the pattern unlock screen so i dont need both of them to pop up. Its kind of annoying. As of now, since i cant figure out how to fix these things, im not too happy with FROYO :mad:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Can't help you with your ringtones. The way the messages are displaying is just the way it is in 2.2. Download No Lock from the market.

SlickRick107

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i know the ringtones couldn't really be fixed, i just still thought that they could be a little louder. And that's weird/stupid about the messages. you would think that the newest one would be on top. not one that i recieved at 3pm when im getting new texts at 11pm. And thanks for your help the No Lock app but i tried and it took away the pattern unlock, which is what i wanted to keep.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about the No Lock suggestion. I didn't read your question right. I agree with your complaint about the way messages are displayed. It bugs me too.

SlickRick107

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Also...not sure if this was in 2.1, i didnt really notice. But when i have wifi turned off i get 3-4 bars of signal strength. But when i turn wifi on, it goes down to only 1 bar and stays there. Could it be just me or are you, or anyone else, seeing this?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The creators of no lock need to set it up so you can select a time delay (e.g. so that the lock won't show up for X number of minutes) after which the lock screen is shown. I'd totally pay $.99 for that.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Also...not sure if this was in 2.1, i didnt really notice. But when i have wifi turned off i get 3-4 bars of signal strength. But when i turn wifi on, it goes down to only 1 bar and stays there. Could it be just me or are you, or anyone else, seeing this?

I'm assuming the 3-4 bars are 3G signal. Once wifi is conneced 3G goes away and your on 1x. That 1 bar is for the 1x signal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i dont understand this text message sorting system...what exactly does it get sorted by now? because its obviously not by the time u receive the message im so confused

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Starting to worry about the above mentioned text message sorting issue.
And yep, I too am noticing the lag issue.
I sure hope it goes away.

phiniac

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
cant find usb drivers

before 2.2 i was able to connect to my computer but now windows searches for driver when connecting via usb and says it cant find a driver. Anyone else having this issue?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay my BIG issue is I can no longer get into handscent for text messages and I cant even get into the regular text message screen it just shows black when I click it and then I hit the home key to get out. Any suggestions?

triggergt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
everything is great here with Froyo but my phone still wont ring on incoming calls. Thought 2.2 was going to fix that but it didnt. Are there any new suggestions besides a phone reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza