apps missing from market after 2.2

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I updated my x last night and then did a factory reset for a fresh start and now i cannot find the g4 app, verizon fios dvr app, yet my fiance can find them on her droid 2 fine so i know they are available for 2.2

overall the update seems a bit clunky did a few factory resets to no avail not too thrilled about the update so far. :confused:

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
sounds like they didn't fix the build.prop with the official. Which I find hilarious as it was one of the first issues we found with the original leak.

eyeruol#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here, the stock 2.2 OTA is missing the protected apps. Hope the update comes soon-- I miss my DailyStrip comics and FlightTracker!

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yea really I did nt know this was a leak issue as well just glad my install wasn't notched that's a bit of a relief. Overall though I have yet to notice any improvements almost feels slower and im running LPP.

Seems like they just pushed out whatever they had o meet the end of summer deadline instead of an actual polished version

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea really I did nt know this was a leak issue as well just glad my install wasn't notched that's a bit of a relief. Overall though I have yet to notice any improvements almost feels slower and im running LPP.

Seems like they just pushed out whatever they had o meet the end of summer deadline instead of an actual polished version

LPP is one of the reasons and no one really mentions it but after doing such a big update, its proably best to do a factory reset. I know some people had lag issues id some widgets were on a philblur screen while running LPP so you might want to make sure that the update didn't put up a bunch of shortcuts/widgets on the default screens.

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
not sure if you want to wait until they put out another update, but I suppose theoretically you could root, then grab the modified build.prop file and load it on to see if it fixes your market issue. But I know some people don't want to root.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Id rather not root.

But I did a factory reset after the update and reformatted my memory card. I removed all the widgts and icons from the main screen before installing launcher pro

typo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
well that sucks i didn't even test that but i'll fix it the way i fixed the leak since i already rooted my dx again.

jdhas

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's beyond belief what that a show-stopper like this -- preventing users from a) downloading apps they already purchased; and b) preventing users from purchasing apps -- made it into an official OS release. Particularly considering that the oversight was caught in the leaked (i.e. - free, unmoderated and unsupported beta test) release.

Pathetic!

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it never occurred to me that they haven't fixed this. If they don't have it fixed in a few days I guess I will root and fix the build.prop file.

Shouldn't have to do this to get paid apps back on.

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted and updated the prop.build. Gotta have my MLB at Bat 2010. I'll put the original back if Moto & VZW ever fix the issue.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There a bunch of other missing apps (NY Times, CBS News, SlingPlayer) and all can be found by updating the build.prop, however, with the insane number of other issues, if you root VZW will not try and help you out. If you really dont like the update you can ask for a replacement device which will come with 2.1 and just ignore the update.

Trantzz

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Will the marketplace issue correct itself on our device once Google updates it or is there something we have to do? I paid for Espn radio and I want to USE IT!

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Will the marketplace issue correct itself on our device once Google updates it or is there something we have to do? I paid for Espn radio and I want to USE IT!

This is a Google issue and they'll have to update the market for us DX users on 2.2. This has nothing to do with VZW or Motorola.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I did the OTA update to 2.2, but then I started having issues (battery usage would FC on me). Did a factory reset and that's fixed. Of course I've lost my $30 slingbox app!

Where can I get the older build.prop file? I'm rooted, so I don't mind pushing it to the phone. Where does it get pushed to?

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth..but I called VZW tech support..and of course I got someone clueless. Explained the issue to her..she could not find anything, SO, she called MOTO tech support (I was on hold and could not hear).
She said that MOTO recommends a hard reset and if that didn't fix the problem, they would send me a new phone.

I said, "So Motorola is saying this isn't an issue??" She said, "Right"

I have saw some posts from people saying it is a Google issue. Others saying it is a Moto/Android build issue..

Whatever the case..it would be nice with the heavy lobbying they do for this phone to have Android Central and others draw more attention to this so we can get it fixed..

Just a simple admission from Moto or someone would be nice.

m2thedeep

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth..but I called VZW tech support..and of course I got someone clueless. Explained the issue to her..she could not find anything, SO, she called MOTO tech support (I was on hold and could not hear).
She said that MOTO recommends a hard reset and if that didn't fix the problem, they would send me a new phone.

I said, "So Motorola is saying this isn't an issue??" She said, "Right"

I have saw some posts from people saying it is a Google issue. Others saying it is a Moto/Android build issue..

Whatever the case..it would be nice with the heavy lobbying they do for this phone to have Android Central and others draw more attention to this so we can get it fixed..

Just a simple admission from Moto or someone would be nice.

This has happened in the past with a lot of phones that have gotten FroYo. Just look at what happened to the app market when the Nexus One and some HTC phones got 2.2. If you can't wait then go ahead and root your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star