now that we have FLASH...

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Amen... would love to know, so that ESPN doesn't automotically hit mobile on DolphinHD.

Yea I had the same problem, I downloaded a different browser (Dolphin Browser HD) which has a plug in that allows you to switch to desktop mode. It works, but I have some issues with its responsiveness though I'm not sure if that is the browser or Flash itself.

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Most sites offer a link to the full or desktop options.

Sites I've tried that flash video works:
Youtube.com
espn3.com

Sites where the flash video didn't work:
Collegehumor.com
Hulu.com (I think they have way too many flash objects)

Watching espn3 was probably the most exciting.

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I got CBS.Com to work with Dolphin Browser HD, it wasn't the snappiest site I've ever been on but it played the videos. Comedy Central worked too.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
In ur browser where u type www. TYPE about:debug and hit enter. Then go to ur browser, hit menu, scroll to settings and then all the way down at the bottom, it will say sonethin like ua strings or something. Click on it and change to desktop. Then go to the website u wish in desktop mode.

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In ur browser where u type www. TYPE about:debug and hit enter. Then go to ur browser, hit menu, scroll to settings and then all the way down at the bottom, it will say sonethin like ua strings or something. Click on it and change to desktop. Then go to the website u wish in desktop mode.

This works but you have to do that every time you open your browser.

Blaksmyth

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
There has to be a way for this stock browser to stay in desktop mode, that's one thing I love about my wife's incredible it rarely ever goes to mobile sites.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Espn3 isnt working for me. Did you have to do anything special with selecting the internet provider?

You need to have an ISP that has an agreement with ESPN for 3. You have to select your ISP from the list and login. I can get directly there but only when connected via WiFi on my FiOS at home.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Skyfire is essentially the stock browser with a few nice additions, including the ability to switch the browser identity from Mobile to desktop.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for this. You have to only do this once and the setting is remembered. This was my biggest complaint about the X. Now I have a perfect phone.

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for this. You have to only do this once and the setting is remembered. This was my biggest complaint about the X. Now I have a perfect phone.

It isn't remembered. If your browser closes it resets and you have to do it over again. I just tried it. Set it to desktop, works fine. Force close the browser and the user agent setting goes back to "Android" and I'm getting mobile sites again.

That is a shame because the default browser is lighter and performs better with flash than the more feature packed market browsers. Its worth doing when I want to visit a really flash intense site.

Last edited:

Kawirider1228

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
You need to have an ISP that has an agreement with ESPN for 3. You have to select your ISP from the list and login. I can get directly there but only when connected via WiFi on my FiOS at home.

Well that sucks for me. Im on a college campus. No wifi and i dont even know what ISP my school uses.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It isn't remembered. If your browser closes it resets and you have to do it over again. I just tried it. Set it to desktop, works fine. Force close the browser and the user agent setting goes back to "Android" and I'm getting mobile sites again.

I keep going back to my browser after shutting it down and I am getting the desktop websites. Plus if I click on settings the debug settings are still there for me to change anytime I want without having to type in about:debug again. I do not know why it is working for me but I can assure you it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid