Backup Everything for Factory Reset

SlickRick107

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to backup my apps to before i do a factory reset? Or will they be in my Market so i can easily download them? I was wondering because i have a ton of apps and would not want to have to write them down, search for them, and download them all again?

Thanks

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
instead of creating a post for the same question, im going to bump this.

Im looking for a way to backup my apps for easy reinstall after resetting the phone, instead of having to redownload each one at a time.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
you may want to check into a few posts since I have not done a factory rest since upgradign to 2.2, but a few posters are posting that after a reset their apps releaoded and that this is a new feature to 2.2.

I have done a factory reset before the 2.2 update but I have MyBackup Pro loaded on my phoen which backs up data and applicaitons for you. It also can be scheduled to backup on a regular basis. Between google sync and MyBackup pro, a fatory reset was pretty painless. You just loose contact ringtones.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
If you aren't rooted, use Astro to backup your apps. Titanuim backup requires root, but it will backup your app and user data in the apps as well.

Reactions: sperson

sperson

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip

i think i found something thats going to work. astro file manager.

here's there website , and the app is available on the market.

gonna give it a try

I've just tried it out. It does a good job of copying all the app file folders to the sd card. Can't say more at this point. I'm looking for a way to copy to the pc. Will report back.

All the best,
SPerson

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Once you have all on your SD card, just plug in the X via USB Mass Storage Mode (the option will appear in the Notification Bar pull-down pane as soon as you are connectedl.) Your X will become a flash drive to your PC -- you can drag and drop all the SD card contents to your PC (and back, when you are ready).

You can also add/edit all your photos, music, files, etc. in this same manner, even to creating new folders!

This is extremely efficient and you DO NOT need an intermediary program or app to do it.

BTW - do NOT install the Moto app/program that wants to install when you plug in your X with a USB connection. That program doesn't do much more than get in the way. If you've already installed it, UN-install it and click "cancel" whenever it tries to install. PITA, but worth it.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Astro will only install one apps at a time so this isnt a real solution to install all apps, MyBackup works the best for this in my opinion.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post this same question, but I also want to know how to restore the free apps I have gotten from the Amazon app store. Has anyone tried backing these up since they are not from the market will it back up like normal apps?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post this same question, but I also want to know how to restore the free apps I have gotten from the Amazon app store. Has anyone tried backing these up since they are not from the market will it back up like normal apps?

Sounds like MyBackup is the app for everyone here,,,
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&feature=search_result

The #1 backup application for Android. Secure your data with MyBackup Pro.

RESTART YOUR PHONE AFTER UPDATING

Supports All Android Mobile Devices and Phones:
HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG, etc...

Backup (with schedule option) to our online secure servers, or SD card, your Applications, Photos, Contacts, Call log, Browser Bookmarks, SMS (text messages), MMS, Calendar, System Settings, Home Screens (including shortcut positions), Alarms, Dictionary, Music Playlists, and more...

Restore your backups on your existing or new phone.

View your data and application backups online, by logging into the Web Viewer at RerWare, LLC: Android Backup and BlackBerry Backup - MyBackup Pro

MyBackup Pro will work on all Android mobile devices, regardless if they have root access or not.
Users who have a rooted phone: You can backup apk+data as well as market links!

RerWare, LLC: Android Backup and BlackBerry Backup - MyBackup Pro

ss-0-320-480-160-2-6427357ff45087416b3944153e76950424f44a3c
ss-1-320-480-160-1-22d369fd24342aca842e93ff54e27d94489a6448