camera will not open

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i get an error saying "oops, cant open camera at this time, please try again later"

also says location unknown in top left corner

i havent altered anything having to do with the camera, i found another thread saying to delete the last pics i took and did that to no avail. any help?

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I spent some time playing with my camera earlier and backed out of it and then it would not open. Also my location tagging will not work. Every once and a while it shows my location in the top corner but when I look at my tags it will not show the picture there. I had to reboot to get the camera to open again.

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
noticed this too...it initially opens fine, works and all, but if I close it, it seems like it wants to open, sometimes it goes black and then jumps back to the main screen. The only way I can get it to work again is to reset.

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I d/k what was going on but some time around 3-4 PM today, Quick Settings and Vignette would not open. I uninstalled and reinstalled QS and it still wouldn't open. Finally, everything started working properly.

Stock X with no update yet(very weak signal area around my home and no WIFI at home so no update until I visit the public library tomorrow and that's if VZW isn't crashed as it was this afternoon when I was in a WIFI area for a little over an hour.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok for the folks with this problem:

Camera app opens, but after using it awhile and closing it, it will not re-open.

Here's the solution:

Go into your /sdcard/dcim/Camera/ folder and look for the last picture you took. Delete it. If it does not have a thumbnail this is the reason you can't open the camera app.

If you're getting Force Closes on the camera app, well you did some serious damage and its FUBAR'd :cool: lol good job. Can't help ya with that one.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok for the folks with this problem:

Camera app opens, but after using it awhile and closing it, it will not re-open.

Here's the solution:

Go into your /sdcard/dcim/Camera/ folder and look for the last picture you took. Delete it. If it does not have a thumbnail this is the reason you can't open the camera app.

If you're getting Force Closes on the camera app, well you did some serious damage and its FUBAR'd :cool: lol good job. Can't help ya with that one.

Thanks. I should do this on my computer right? Not through Astro or another file manager?

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So it happened with my camera again. I tried your method and tried to take a picture again and still every pic I took came up with no thumbnail... I had to reboot to take a picture that would actually show up.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. Did you try going into Manage Applications - Camera - and clearing the data + force stopping it? If that doesn't fix the issue, not really sure what could be wrong with it. It's definitely software issues though so no worries as far as your phone being defective is concerned.

gtmci84s

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
noticed this too...it initially opens fine, works and all, but if I close it, it seems like it wants to open, sometimes it goes black and then jumps back to the main screen. The only way I can get it to work again is to reset.

Have you found a solution to this? I did a factory reset using the method that is in the sticky, my camera still is doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante