Bugs in Froyo

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
did not see any threads on bugs, so here is the first.

Contacts, I keep telling it to list only favorites, but it keeps reverting back to all contacts. Irritating.

bmj7

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason after leaving my phone on sleep for like 5 or more minutes when I turn it back on the brightness is brighter than it previously was, the setting says it is at 0% but when i move the slider around and it updates it becomes much darker(to the real % shown) Auto brightness is off.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It shows in mine I have 10 favorites contacts and under All contacts I have 56 contacts.I don't think mine have moved on their own

Update:
Do you have the red star ticked showing them as favorites?

Sent from Tapatalk

jdhas

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The fact that protected apps that I've purchased cannot be downloaded from, and do no appear in, the Market is a pretty huge bug.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My POP email account is screwy.. When I receive emails to my pop account the date is wrong. It shows up December 31st 1969..... anyone else having problems?

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The fact that protected apps that I've purchased cannot be downloaded from, and do no appear in, the Market is a pretty huge bug.

There is hope. All of my previous paid and unpaid apps show up in the market. It was a concern because I had that problem with the leak, but it seems okay now.

My problem is that there is banding in some of the colorings. Like when selecting something with the red selection. Sometime the red has white bands in it. You can only tell if you look closely but it is there.

froyoYum

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings/sound and click the vibrate drop down. Make sure "Only in Silent mode" is not selected. Mine for example is "Only when not in Silent mode".

Wait dude when I use the volume rocker it doesn't go down from vibrate to silent and when I change the settings it does the same so if in silent and I press the volume rocker up it just goes into sound mode then. It used to be silent then vibrate and then various sound levels when using the volume rocker.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait dude when I use the volume rocker it doesn't go down from vibrate to silent and when I change the settings it does the same so if in silent and I press the volume rocker up it just goes into sound mode then. It used to be silent then vibrate and then various sound levels when using the volume rocker.

I got the same thing.

If you use "Only in Silent" then you can only use the rocker to go down to vibrate, there is no silent only.

So:
1. You "Always' vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
2. You "Never" vibrate, no matter the rocker volume setting
3. You vibrate in silent
4. you vibrate in all settings but not in silent.

Dammit, I want my seperate vibrate and silent settings back...

Last edited:

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
More contacts problems

did not see any threads on bugs, so here is the first.

Contacts, I keep telling it to list only favorites, but it keeps reverting back to all contacts. Irritating.

There seems to be major issues with contacts. In mine, no matter what "group" I select, they are all the same and on many, there is no first name listed - just the last! Yet when I search for a first name, it comes up with the right person. The screen info may or may not include the first name - usually not, if it's been dropped.

I've synced contacts with Gmail on my PC a number of times. Nothing changes. Not sure what to do.

XavierX

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Lots of bugs on mine. Wi-fi can't hold any signal. Haptic feedback is gone. Continually freezing screen.. I haven't noticed the contacts issue though. Have rebooted a bunch of times, battery pulls, factory restore.. my phone is a mess.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I have no slide to unlock I had that turned of before the update and now its gone so I guess that's a good thing since its not possible in this update to turn it off

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My main problems with my Droid X were Corporate Sync not working and terrible battery life. Not only were neither of those issues resolved for me, but now I am having 3G drop issues, phone getting extremely hot, lag all over the phone, poor wifi signal strength, etc. I'm glad they took their time with this update...totally ruined my phone.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Boy am i glad i didnt update to froyo today. looks like they were not ready to release this OS , but '' had '' to get it out by summers end , in fear of riots, and sacrafices.lol , looks like i will wait , im good with what i have!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21