Froyo was a mistake

DroidXDoes

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I want to go back to 2.1. Ever since I upgraded to froyo....

1) Phone randomly gets stuck on M screen after reboots.

2) WiFi is terrible. I have little to no signal in campus. I had great signal before.

3) Haptic feedback gives poor vibration.

4) ALOT of apps I had on 2.1 are no longer on the market... 3D homerunbattle which I paid for is gone I can't get it back. Fancy widget.etc etc.

5) flash is sluggish anyway

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
1. Why are you rebooting the phone so much?

2. No idea. Factory reset.

3. Again, factory reset.

4. Fancy widget got removed by HTC. Its not in the market anyway.

5. Clear browser cache, or factory reset.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone complaining about 2.2 should do a factory reset. In fact even if your OK with your 2.2 system now you should still probably do a reset.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
yeah man i hear ya, i just started a thread about it, but the concensus is to do a factory reset. so if it solves my issues then its worth it. im at work now but tonight i am going to.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I work in tech support someone calls with a problem all I say now is "REBOOT" and hang up.......lol

Same thing "Factory Reset"

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
1. Why are you rebooting the phone so much?

2. No idea. Factory reset.

3. Again, factory reset.

4. Fancy widget got removed by HTC. Its not in the market anyway.

5. Clear browser cache, or factory reset.

2. my wifi was always spotty(factory reset did not fix)
3. dont use haptic feedback
4.i lost my g4 app, verizon fios dvr app, as well as quite a few others that i used and factory reset did not fix.
5. cleared cache, history, cookies, and did a factory reset idk how everyone else likes it but my browser was much faster before flash so i deleted it.it took forever to load up the androidcentral.com home page with flash on and about 4 bars of signal at about -82 to -79 dbm.

and first thing i did after upgrading was a factory reset and the phone definitely runs worse for me.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
these are not froyo issues, if they were, it would happen to evereyone. My phone does not reboot, its alot faster then before, wifi is better now.

A bug is something that will affect everyone, not just one or two people.

Lovecore

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I want to go back to 2.1. Ever since I upgraded to froyo....

1) Phone randomly gets stuck on M screen after reboots.

2) WiFi is terrible. I have little to no signal in campus. I had great signal before.

3) Haptic feedback gives poor vibration.

4) ALOT of apps I had on 2.1 are no longer on the market... 3D homerunbattle which I paid for is gone I can't get it back. Fancy widget.etc etc.

5) flash is sluggish anyway

I found that my WiFi is more stable, and my haptic feedback hasn't changed. Also haven't had any issues with my app's not being around... My flash is pretty smooth, only one slow down on one site so far, and i've visited around 50 different sites so far.

If you're so discontent with is, here's a link to downgrade: Droid X

unseenme#WN

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
hey guys. New to the forums but have been bowsing around because I'm upgrading next month to Android from webOS. I'm still undecided between the DX & the Incredible but have been leaning towards the X mostly due to the screen.

anyway...been reading some of the problems with 2.2 on the X and it's got me a little concerned. The X on display that I was playing with had 2.1 and the Incredible had 2.2. They were both running perfectly. I haven't toy'd with an X on 2.2 yet so reading these posts after the update is all I have to go by in that respect. What I'm wondering is, since some are having issues and some aren't, is it possible that the OTA caused some of these issues? Has anyone updated via VZW's website? And if so are there any issues? Haven't checked to see if there's an update from their site since I don't yet have a Droid, but maybe the OTA could be the cause? Just a thought...

can't wait to get my Droid!

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
these are not froyo issues, if they were, it would happen to evereyone. My phone does not reboot, its alot faster then before, wifi is better now.
Agreed, my phone has not incurred any of these issues. If it was an OS problem, it would be affecting everyone.

OP, was your phone rooted?

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I have had a zero problem experience, so FroYo was a win on both of our phones.

Keep things in perspective. There are thousands of Dx users, about 60 of them have had issues. So FroYo has about a .1% screw up rate? I like having a 99.9% pass rate!

The only reason it seems like a flood of issues is because right now, anyone having issues is looking for help on the internet and landing here, many people reporting problems have less than 10 for a post count.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's more than just a few thousand. I heard that 3 of Verizon's biggest distribution centers had 30,000 DX's at launch and were sold out quickly.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
im curious how many people who had issues were rooted before the install.

The only problem i had was receiving push email from imap gmail and pop accounts... which started happening when i installed the asurion device recovery program. Its been uninstalled and appears to be working now.

I dont want to wipe my phone because of the verizon NFL app gives me free NFL video's. if i delete and reinstall it wants 10 a month. lame excuse, but money is money, and i actually use the app...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995