Droid X won't boot after froyo update yesterday

cincinnati kid

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I performed the OTA froyo (android 2.2) update for my Droid X yesterday morning. Download was successful. Then I did the install. The boot up then stopped at the Motorola logo. I removed the battery twice and it successfully booted . Everything worked well including all my aps. However, after turning the phone off last night, it required removing the battery 6 times before it would boot successfully. Same thing today. Spoke to Verizon. They claim no other similar reports but the same exact thing happened to a friend this am. Verizon's only solution was to ship out another phone tonight.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Why are you rebooting your phone so often tho? My phone has not been rebooted since I originally installed the leaked 2.2

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Why are you rebooting your phone so often tho? My phone has not been rebooted since I originally installed the leaked 2.2

There's really no need for me to reboot often, but I could come up with some reasons this shouldn't be happening. Perhaps those who use spare batteries, alternate micro SD cards, refresh the system (I've done this about once every week or so in hopes of 'refreshing').

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to say you don't have an issue, but I only reboot when I experience issues.. no issues, no rebooting.

Imagine a dumb phone that only dials out, like the Jitterbug.. if it's got no issues, there shouldn't be any reason to pull the battery out and reset. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams