How is Froyo working out for you?

How is Froyo working out for you?

• Total voters

ifrankenberg

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Froyo is ok. Not all that I thought it was hyped to be. Wifi still has its issues with auto connecting. Haptic fed back could be better. With swore its noticeable but with the multi touch keyboard it is not.
Overall I would say its ok but it has its bugs

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jaymdee

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
i had to do 2 factory resets today, rebooted by itself 3 times and froze up a few times. i am leaving off all apps and will put them back on one at a time to see if any of them did it, other than that not liking new update

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
My unrooted phone was fantastic before the update, and is even better now that it's had some Froyo.

Last edited:

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
someone should make a poll as to problems they are having/bricked phones whether or not they were rooted/unrooted before the upgrade...

im curious as to how many phones failed to update that were rooted vs the amount of phones that failed with stock vzw build

m0nti13

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My com.android.settings keeps force closing when I try to veiw the battery usage... Somehow I think it has something to do with the car dock/media dock... Looks like factory reset for me tonight...

By the way, I thought Froyo was supposed to add a second page to the car dock... Hasn't on mine, see if reset shows it...

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was rooted when I updated, and I had a custom boot animation, my animation stayed and the phone works flawlessly, as for my cousins x, he is having major issues with the screen not responding and when he tries to turn on the screen from sleep it just stays black so he has to pull the battery. He was running stock

Dyster

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My DX will not update. I tried 3 times and during the reboot the Andy shows an error and when it starts it just says "installation failed". So I'm over it.

imwjl#AC

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I only had 2.1 for about 45 minutes so it's not fair to answer the post but my new Droid X with 2.2 is great as a toy, alright as a phone and really lame as a messaging tool because I have an acknowledged bug with the built in mail client and the Exchange synchronization is a joke compared to other platforms.

I read about speaker volume bugs with 2.1 and find my 2.2 is not loud and voice quality is not in same league as my last phone (Blackberry).

I like the large screen so I hope I can get one integrated messaging client that works before my return date.

Battery life is bad which is interesting because I was told to stay away from the Incredible because of Battery life.

I hope my experience with the phone and OS gets better.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the little lock at M screen issue but I came to learn that this comes from incompatible software already installed in device before update, I know now to hard reset before updating to avoid this... After a hard reset of device and reinstall apps all is running smooth with no issues, volume is improved and this was my only reason to do update anyway because 2.1 already worked well for me.

I'm happy with the update.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
On 2.1 (unrooted), the phone was great at first. After having it about two months, it became very laggy at times. Once I upgraded to Froyo, the phone is fantastic. Although I have noticed times when the screen would time out and then hang for a few moments before it would respond.

I am going to pull the battery a few times and then see how it responds. Like on my BB Storm 1 when upgraded to hybrid software, it could take a while before the phone gets used to new software. Overall, 2.2 is a huge improvement.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if this poll could get stickied for a while. A lot of people who stop by the site right now have the impression that 2.2 is a bad/risky adventure, while the current numbers on the poll show that less than 10% are dissatisfied.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if this poll could get stickied for a while. A lot of people who stop by the site right now have the impression that 2.2 is a bad/risky adventure, while the current numbers on the poll show that less than 10% are dissatisfied.

+1 to you, good sir/madam.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate the vast majority of X owners are happy with this update.

Stop the chicken little syndrome.

Seriously mods, this poll needs to be stickied.

sparhawke2000

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems since this upgrade. The overall performance of the device has improved, and I thought it was excellent on 2.1. The forums are full of listed problems and it can be overwhelming at times. This poll says a lot!

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Not a great sample size and also a buried post. I also think people needed time to use the 2.2 .. some people improved and others not as much.

It would be great to see it on the front of AC or a stickied post and started over.

Based on the current poll ... I would say 25% dissatisfaction is really bad for a device but ... only a 100 people voted.

Last edited:

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My DX will not update. I tried 3 times and during the reboot the Andy shows an error and when it starts it just says "installation failed". So I'm over it.
Dyster, I was having the same problem. If, by chance, you were rooted and used koush's bootstrapper, look in my almost totally screwed up thread in hacks. (hopefully this helps)
Btw I voted, froyo is great here, no complaints. I did a factory reset BEFORE the install actually happened though...i felt like that didn't quite count.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I agree, this should be stickied and see if we can get more numbers on this poll. I feel as if I read nothing but negative gripes and issues with the froyo update although mine has been nothing short of a clear improvement. I hope (and assume!) Im not the only one!

Everybody chime in and lets see whats really going on. Also posting whether you were stock or rooted could be a good addition. I updated from stock to 2.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy