Problems with the Update? Do the following.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Verizon seems to have acknowledged that a small percentage of people updating are having issues. Seems people have problems with the process updating itself as well as once updated a slew of issues.
If you are having problems post update (lag, camera issues, pandora...) first try to factory reset. I recommend backing up your apps with appbrain, and sms with "Sms Backup and Restore". Then just go to menu-settings-privacy-factory data reset. If you did this and still have issues, go to the verizon store.

Problems updating? Just stick to 2.1.

Problems with getting stuck at the M? I believe verizon has a way to get the phone back to 2.1 in the store. If not complain and they should give you a new one.

Edit: the sms messages not showing in order seems to be a known issue with a timestamp conflict.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone was acting quite buggy after the 2.2 update. I'm new to Android but decided to give this a shot. I'm pleased to report that the phone glitches seem to be gone.

Fyi, Before the factory reset, my phone would randomly lose phone audio. It locked up at the motorola logo a few times. Some apps would behave oddly requiring a phone reboot to fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think a factory reset is necessary. All you have to do is put back all the bloat apps that you probably removed, and then the update should run fine.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think a factory reset is necessary. All you have to do is put back all the bloat apps that you probably removed, and then the update should run fine.

I didn't remove any apps to begin with. I updated a stock, 1 week old Droid X and it was running like garbage after the update. Getting stuck at the Motorola logo on power-up, Pandora acting up, losing internet connectivity with full 3g signal, and the most annoying bug, phone calls with no audio. Basically a bunch of little glitches that would be corrected by just rebooting the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

No.

Check the sticky for further details... Just consists of enabling/disabling the backup stuff then you are good.

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
If you have to wipe your phone to do a simple OS upgrade, then that is a major design flaw, and pretty embarrassing. I never had to wipe my iphones to upgrade the OS, and that is probably the X's biggest competitor. Surely they don't expect you to reacquire all of your apps, widgets, etc. every time there is an update. That's absurd, even if you have it backed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol