IMO this is *the worst* update experience I've ever had, with any device and on any platform.

I'd bet it's going to be greater than a months' time before another update is pushed out and then maybe things will get straightened out. Just the fact that this happened is more than a sour taste... , and I thought HTC was bad with expecting bug after bug..

I may very well take a reconditioned Incredible and say goodbye to the screen size that I really want. At least I would then have the control over what software/rom to choose from.

I'm not usually the person to start a thread like this, but honestly I'm so pissed and disappointed with this crap that Moto pushed out, I really don't even want to support their product anymore. I don't want to support HTC either but man, I'm NOT going to just sit and wait for some unknown time for this mess to be fixed. Three devices. Three devices with different issues related to update... On a locked down proprietary device. BS. Actually, I think I've just already made up my mind..
    09-25-2010 09:54 AM
    Your point?
    09-25-2010 10:05 AM
    Why don't you just root and run the leaked 2.2 (which runs fine) and add any ROMs on top if you want. The developer community aggressively supports these leaks. If you're thinking of dumping the X, but it's the phone you really wanted to have, what do you have to loose?
    09-25-2010 10:09 AM
    I like how moto spent more time "fixing" the bootloader than fixing the issues that showed up in the 2.2 leak.
    09-25-2010 12:36 PM
    I posted in the main froyo sticky that I also found noise canceling to be funked too. This is across three devices I've wasted countless hours on.

What makes me most angry about the current situation is that I've come to terms with not being able to do whatever I want with other ROM's and such since the compromise was supposedly having a stable device. Now we have neither.
    09-25-2010 12:51 PM
    I really do not think the issue is the update or the device but the way the update is implemented.. Mostly all issues seem to being caused due to the 2.1 settings and apps are not playing well with the 2.2 update. Since Froyo is a major code change I think they should have either had device auto wipe before update of suggest it to the user as a option because I really believed this would have cut back on some of the issues, also since Moto made it clear that they could not allow users to update from the leaked version I would not be surprised that the steps required to restore device to 2.1 before user could do the OTA version may have not got the image exactly as the stock build and the updated mishandled files due to this.

This is a guess but from what I have noticed this is most likely the case...
    WAldenIV likes this.
    09-25-2010 01:26 PM
    All that has really bothered me is I had it lock up once during a call.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-25-2010 01:36 PM
    I see your point, however I think if a freshly reset 2.1 device is updated, then in your suggestion there would be no issue. I've not been able to be trouble free on three separate devices even in this scenario.
    09-25-2010 01:36 PM
    I see your point, however I think if a freshly reset 2.1 device is updated, then in your suggestion there would be no issue. I've not been able to be trouble free on three separate devices even in this scenario.
    Another thing that I think need's to be watched is the new feature to Backup of personal data *NOT BACKUP ASSISTANT", this feature seems to restore error settings also in its process every time a hard reset is completed. I tried resetting 3 times and kept getting a prompter saying backup data has been restored and I did not get what it meant and then realized the new backup feature was doing this and after researching I learned that my phone ran fine until this prompter came up and then phone started acting up, after disabling and then doing another hard reset without this option running phone hasn't gave me any issues since. It seems that you had issues when last backup was done with app the issues will be restore to device at time of reset.
    09-25-2010 02:02 PM
    Excellent point to bring up. I did have both backup check boxes unticked though.

I'm going to try one more time...
    09-25-2010 02:58 PM
    Its not the phone or the update. I got a brand new DX, turned it on, performed the OTA update to 2.2. Played with ot for 8-10 hours with no probs or issues, then proceeded to root it using doroot. Root process work without a hitch, never had a single error, phone works AMAZING! I am walking out the door to run over my Storm 1 right now...........
    09-25-2010 03:18 PM
    Its not the phone or the update. I got a brand new DX, turned it on, performed the OTA update to 2.2. Played with ot for 8-10 hours with no probs or issues, then proceeded to root it using doroot. Root process work without a hitch, never had a single error, phone works AMAZING! I am walking out the door to run over my Storm 1 right now...........
    Apples and oranges. Most people who are having problems aren't starting with brand new, never used phone.

There are definitely issues with the update. Which is why I'm still on the first leaked 2.2.
    09-25-2010 05:50 PM
    Why don't you just root and run the leaked 2.2 (which runs fine) and add any ROMs on top if you want. The developer community aggressively supports these leaks. If you're thinking of dumping the X, but it's the phone you really wanted to have, what do you have to loose?
    +1 on this! Leaked froyo is proven!
    09-25-2010 07:26 PM
    09-25-2010 07:29 PM
    Oh, thank god
    09-25-2010 08:10 PM
    My droid x 10 time better then blackberry storm i had. You talk about worst experience. Take my storm lol. I'm in haven.
    09-25-2010 08:19 PM
    Hehe. I was thinking about doing the same thing with my blackberry storm.
    09-25-2010 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD