Is it just me, or does it seem that most threads on here are people with complaints/issues. I like reading about everything on our phone, but so many issues lately with everyone posting. Where are all the positive threads?
    Almost sounds like there should be a sub-forum for everyones technical difficulties.
    Anyways, I love my X. Stock 2.1 updated to 2.2 and everything works great! Thank you Moto/Verizon!!
    09-25-2010 12:57 PM
    I agree.
    My X 2.2 works, but it's not right, but I'm still happy with my X. I'm not PROUD to show it off like I used to be because I don't trust it. Sometimes it works great, then other times it just hangs, says it can't play a song/vid. Usually a reboot fixes it.
    Thing is this: On here, there are so many people who absolutely LOVED this phone and all are now seeking counsel, refuge and companionship here where they know others share in this situation and it's frustration.
    Maybe a subforum for just "problems with your upgrade" would be good. At least until a new release comes out.
    It would clean up the forum and not look like a complaint counter at Wal Mart.

Just sayn.....
    09-25-2010 01:09 PM
    Yeah. I loved this phone also and it works still but has more problems than 2.1. I didn't root, run atks, or anything and I still find myself with an unstable buggy phone .. even after factory resets.

We are frustrated, especially considering it was widely believed this was going to be a solid release fixing bugs .. not creating them.
    09-25-2010 01:41 PM
    This is the first time I've been through a major update event on this forum, so I can only speculate on the experience through the lens of being on crackberry forums when a new os version was coming out/getting leaked...
    It's all just totally normal, lots of folk scrambling to get their phone to work right and lots of folk having problems. Every other android forum I looked at this week was also lit up with problems/questions/desperate cries for help, and of course with so many new android adopters, it has to feel like a double edged sword to long time 'droid vets...on one hand, the platform is getting more and more support as the user base grows; on the other hand, forums get overrun by confused neophytes (myself included) and I am sure it can be a tad overwhelming.
    Tensions have been pretty high for a lot of people, worrying about bricking their baby but wanting the best all at once.
    It's all understandable, and I don't take negative stuff too personally on the internet. All I can say is, everybody should just keep this stuff in mind- newbies (again like me) should search first and try not to spam when totally freaking out about a borked install or whatever, and vets maybe just sit it out if the new kids are on your last nerve!

This is still my fave android forum. Overall very civil and helpful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-25-2010 01:42 PM
    I hope the update isn't so buggy because they were in a rush to meet that end of summer deadline. I really would have preferred a statement saying it wasn't quite ready yet.

With that said I still love my phone, but as a couple of you have said It needs some tweaking.
    09-25-2010 01:46 PM
    I've also been through several upgrades across multiple devices and agree that the forums usually light up during these periods. However, I also want to say that this is the worst update I have ever seen. (just my opinion)
    09-25-2010 01:48 PM
    I definitely agree that there has been a crazy amount of issues...i just really can't sort out how much of it is b/c of "badmotofinger" (yeah I went there) and how much of it has to do with tweaking and modding, I mean I genuinely don't know. Android is so much more guts open complicated than bb (which is awesome of course), it's hard to truly tell for me.
    BUT- obviously there have been way more people than I would like to see having serious issues with upgrading FROM STOCK, and I totally agree that this is unacceptable. Badmotofinger!

09-25-2010 02:02 PM
    So far mine has been working good. I did have a problem with WIFIs but turns out that was Motorolas fault i found out later

sent from Tapatalk
    09-25-2010 02:21 PM
    Negativity on a forum?

Forums are noted for negative content. Most people (not all) usually come to a forum for one of three reasons:
    1. To find out how to fix the item the forum revolves around. In this case, an android phone. When asking, they also tend to complain about the problem.
    2. To research; either by reading or asking questions on different phones. (That's me.)
    3. As a social network.

There are other reasons too, Some actually come to help others; and I thank those who do. The internet is a great place to resolve issues.

If I believed what half of the people who have android phones were actually saying on the forums like this, I would be totally turned off by android phones and just heading back to a standard dumb phone after my BB goes away in Dec. However, I understand most people who have these phones have great luck with them, and have no complaints. Yes, at times there might be a software snafu that causes heartburn with a few, but that is common with any electronic device manufactured from smart phones, to computers.

So, yes, there tends to be a lot of negativity on these type of forums, but that is the nature of the beast. Once you read around all the negative comments (and some personal bashing of others), you can really glean some good information from these forums.

This forum in particular is probably the best android forum I have been too, and basically the only one I go to daily. So far I have narrowed my phone choices down to one of two brands; Motorola or HTC, and it is due to reading this forum. (No need to consider providers; Verizon has my business so long as I live where I do and even then, they have been great.)

This forum, and its members, have also given me great information on the types of programs I will need and will want after I do the switch from BB to Android. So, even if this forum has some negativity, it is still a great place to visit and gain knowledgeable information for a future purchase.
    09-25-2010 03:33 PM
    Negativity on a forum?

Forums are noted for negative content. Most people (not all) usually come to a forum for one of three reasons:
    1. To find out how to fix the item the forum revolves around. In this case, an android phone. When asking, they also tend to complain about the problem.
    2. To research; either by reading or asking questions on different phones. (That's me.)
    3. As a social network.

There are other reasons too, Some actually come to help others; and I thank those who do. The internet is a great place to resolve issues.

If I believed what half of the people who have android phones were actually saying on the forums like this, I would be totally turned off by android phones and just heading back to a standard dumb phone after my BB goes away in Dec. However, I understand most people who have these phones have great luck with them, and have no complaints. Yes, at times there might be a software snafu that causes heartburn with a few, but that is common with any electronic device manufactured from smart phones, to computers.

So, yes, there tends to be a lot of negativity on these type of forums, but that is the nature of the beast. Once you read around all the negative comments (and some personal bashing of others), you can really glean some good information from these forums.

This forum in particular is probably the best android forum I have been too, and basically the only one I go to daily. So far I have narrowed my phone choices down to one of two brands; Motorola or HTC, and it is due to reading this forum. (No need to consider providers; Verizon has my business so long as I live where I do and even then, they have been great.)

This forum, and its members, have also given me great information on the types of programs I will need and will want after I do the switch from BB to Android. So, even if this forum has some negativity, it is still a great place to visit and gain knowledgeable information for a future purchase.
    +100

You never hear the good, only the bad.....2.2 running like a champ here!!
    09-25-2010 04:29 PM
    We do tend to point out the bad. Love my droidx, but I do notice a few of the complaints, such as the force close in the battery manager on occasion. No more complaints for me, but I do wish it was easier and safer for me to apply themes to my phone.

09-25-2010 04:55 PM
    We do tend to point out the bad. Love my droidx, but I do notice a few of the complaints, such as the force close in the battery manager on occasion. No more complaints for me, but I do wish it was easier and safer for me to apply themes to my phone.

I totally agree with your last point. The article from engadget that I posted in this forum sums it up pretty nicely, but to paraphrase: google should insist that hardware manufacturers make it safe (provide firmware imprints that help return phone to stock), as long as google seems content to sell android partially on the idea that it is open source and available for tinkering. This is why I wanted an android phone over an iphone in the very first place, although I did not realize how frightening it was going to be to own this motorola phone and try to mess about.
    I am overall still loving the phone though, and not personally experiencing difficulties at this time...

09-25-2010 05:30 PM
    Well said, Flawson. Agree 100%.

09-25-2010 05:37 PM
    I love mine as well, and even though I don't have but a few problems with mine, I am reading some horrific things on here.
    So, it'd be hard to be all butterflies and bunnies happy posting when your phone that you love won't even come on.
    I would be torn up too if I was getting a hang on M, or couldn't make a call, or my phone was simplyuseless.
    I just reboot mine now several times a day and that makes it workable, until something better comes along.
    It'd not be as bad if it was a Razor or something, but these smartphones carry a lot more weight in our lives now.
    Maybe they'll be a fix soon folks.

For those of you with perfect updates and perfect phones, consider yourself lucky.
    Apparently all X's are not created =.
    09-25-2010 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD