I'm having problems receiving double texts and double calender notifications even though I disabled the notifications on one and left them on, on the other. Even after a nandroid advanced system restore. I was wondering if I wipe my cache and NOT the data, would I still keep my apps and root access? Thanks

running leaked 2.3.15 was using Fabulous NexTheme switched to 928droid DB, themed back to stock theme with bloat, still no luck.
    09-28-2010 08:13 PM
    you can wipe cache and data and not lose root.

sometimes themes include apk's for the applications they are theming, i know when i switched to the gala x theme i had to delete mms.apk to keep me from getting two sms notifications
    09-28-2010 09:26 PM
    A buddy of mine gave me a fix and it worked. You gotta change the conversation.apk to conversation.bak in the /system/app folder!! It worked for the double texts. Can you do this with the double calender apps as well?
    09-29-2010 08:58 PM
    A buddy of mine gave me a fix and it worked. You gotta change the conversation.apk to conversation.bak in the /system/app folder!! It worked for the double texts. Can you do this with the double calender apps as well?
    yes, just find out which one you don't want and delete/rename it
    09-29-2010 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD