Car home?

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get the new car home working on their x? I can't find it in the market but got it off appbrain and installed but it wouldn't run.

I use the car dock all the time and would love an updated app.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get the new car home working on their x? I can't find it in the market but got it off appbrain and installed but it wouldn't run.

I use the car dock all the time and would love an updated app.

Did you try it while it was in the car dock? It is not working on the X unless you use it while it is docked.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I got this from Droid Life. You can use it without the car dock by doing this:

1. Using AppBrain?s Fast Web Installer, send the app to install from this page.
2. Once installed, head to home screen with space on it.
3. Hit Menu>Add>Shortcuts>Activities (you need LauncherPro installed).
4. In Activities, scroll down to Car Home and tap on it.
5. Now select ?Car Home ? com.google.android.carhome.CarHome?.
6. You will now have a shortcut to the app on your homescreen.

I tired it and it works.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I got mine working off the droid-life site. Just follow the how to you can play music make calls and all that without the dock in the app.

sent by me on my X

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's the link where I got it from.

Car Home - Android app on AppBrain

I downloaded it onto my computer and dragged it onto my X. At first I couldn't tell it had transferred but once I plugged it into my car dock, both this and the standard mode popped up and I was able to choose which one to default to. After spending a couple of minutes with it I like it a lot especially since it is extremely customizable. I can add whatever apps I like, wherever I want them. Very Google which is Very Nice!
I've got a long drive today so I'll post more after I truly get a chance to play with it.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok it works fine, and I really like being able to move and reassign buttons. The only thing is I can't add direct dial shortcuts, the option isn't even listed. Am I alone?

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Also the phone Dialer is portrait only.........I like the stock CarDock better. This new google version adds alot, but lacks key things I use/like from the DX's CarDock!

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Also the phone Dialer is portrait only.........I like the stock CarDock better. This new google version adds alot, but lacks key things I use/like from the DX's CarDock!

I used the new car dock in my actual car dock last night. I got the phone dialer in landscape while it was in my dock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair