LauncherPro over old widgets

g0ri11a

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been running LP+ for a while, but I recently read that there could be a performance hit if you didn't clear your original Blur screens of all running widgets. I'm pretty sure I didn't. Is there a way I can temporarily disable LP so that I can go back and clear out my blur screens?

Thanks.

Reactions: albokay

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Install another launcher from the market like ADW. After you install it, hit the home button, you'll get the opportunity to switch launchers. Goto the default launcher and clear the widgets. Hit home again, and choose LP as your default again. Uninstall ADW (unless you want to keep it)

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Use the free app "Home Switcher" to select "Blur Launcher" and then clear your screens. You don't need to install a third launcher to do so.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Just go to LP settings, create a backup, and uninstall it. You can then do what you need with your factory launcher. Reinstall LP and restore your backup.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
+1 on home switcher, that way you don't have to setup your home screens again (like if you uninstalled) and you don't have to go and uninstall another home screen.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
home screens

I can think of all kinds of ways to do this without backing up and uninstalling or downloading ADW.

Just get homeswitcher. I just did it to make sure mine was all clean (often when you create a shortcut to your homescreen through an app, it creates it on both home screens).

you can go to launcher pro in your manage applications options and clear defaults, then hit home and it will prompt you to pick a launcher. pick home without clicking "always ask" and then just do your thing.

no reason to make it difficult.

bandroid

Jun 15, 2010
www.twitter.com
my question is if this rumor/myth is even worth it? why would the blur launcher have anything to do with launcher pro, unless this tip came from fede, i am skeptical.

so report backs, if it works, then i will surely do it :)

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been running LP+ for a while, but I recently read that there could be a performance hit if you didn't clear your original Blur screens of all running widgets. I'm pretty sure I didn't. Is there a way I can temporarily disable LP so that I can go back and clear out my blur screens?

Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know that. i had no idea. I loaded LP+ as soon as i powered on the DX for the first time. i never touched the Blur screens so i had all the default crap still going. Loaded up home switcher and took out everything. Widgets and apps.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Use the free app "Home Switcher" to select "Blur Launcher" and then clear your screens. You don't need to install a third launcher to do so.

Went to download "Home Switcher" from the Market today and there is now a notice that "*Froyo (2.2) is not supported due to the API change*"

Darn! That was a great app. Anyone having problems running it on 2.2? Maybe it still works??

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Went to download "Home Switcher" from the Market today and there is now a notice that "*Froyo (2.2) is not supported due to the API change*"

Darn! That was a great app. Anyone having problems running it on 2.2? Maybe it still works??

it still works

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Did it today. it works fine.

Also LP+ is working a lot better. Pinch to zoom out to all 7 screens was always choppy. Now its perfect.

topgunz1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Home switcher worked fine for me to go back to Blur and remove everything. Launcher Pro has always been very nice for me so I don't notice much, but every bit helps!

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
my question is if this rumor/myth is even worth it? why would the blur launcher have anything to do with launcher pro, unless this tip came from fede, i am skeptical.

so report backs, if it works, then i will surely do it :)

As I understand it, if you have social networks or RSS set up, the widgets continue to update in the background.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance