Everything but simple...

simongalp

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to the Android family. About a month ago I made the switch from AT&T to Verizon and got the Droid X as my phone. I've been using it for a while and have since installed Launcher Pro and did my best to customize the phone to my liking. I'm disappointed, though.

The phone is glitchy. Droid doesn't do...it processes. I touch for my browser and instead of opening, it loads...and then opens. I unlock the lockscreen, it loads...then unlocks. Turning it on its side to use it horizontally makes the screen go black and then I have to wait for the screen to show up. It freezes when it loses GPS signal and pressing the Home button gets me no where but to the land of endless frustration.

In summary, I was excited because I thought Droid does. I thought I could customize my phone to do anything and everything I wanted it to and while the combinations are endless and intriguing, I just want my phone to be simple, sort of like my old iPhone 3GS: intuitive and easy to use. I feel like there are so many menus to go through whenever I want to get something done that I might as well me banging my head against a wall.

What can I do to make the use of the phone more seemless and similar to the iPhone 3GS? Will trading it for a Droid Incredible help alleviate some of my frustration or am I stuck for the next two years?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you want an experience similar to iOS, maybe swap it for a galaxy s phone (fascinate), sure you get a bing'd phone (which can be remedied) but the touchwiz UI is more like iOS and the hardware is more like the iphone4.

as for your x running slow, something isn't working right on it, mine never really waits for anything to happen...

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
if you want an experience similar to iOS, maybe swap it for a galaxy s phone (fascinate), sure you get a bing'd phone (which can be remedied) but the touchwiz UI is more like iOS and the hardware is more like the iphone4.

as for your x running slow, something isn't working right on it, mine never really waits for anything to happen...

Pretty much what he said

Sent from my DROIDX

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
A bad file/filesystem on the memory card can make your Android experience pretty much as you describe. Try putting another memory card in the device, if you have one, or just take the one you have out and reboot the phone. If the device works better without the lag and freezing, then you need to backup the contents of your original memory card and then format it in the phone. Then move your files and folders back to the card starting with the essential stuff and leaving the non-essential stuff for later. Most of the time, it is a corrupted filesystem, so the reformatting takes care of your problem. Test your phone and move your files back in small groups and keep testing till you have restored all the files you need/want, or you have located the bad file.

If it's not the memory card, I suggest you do a Factory Data Reset in Menu, Settings, Privacy. It will be a pain to setup your phone how you like it following the reset, but if there was a software conflict causing your problems, the reset will return your device to out of the box factory condition and give you a fresh start.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie