Droid X running 2.2 not syncing email.....

Sandy#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone is a week old, and I've been having trouble with the mail sync since the first day. I love everything about this phone, but this frustrates me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my mail acct, removed the battery, and reverted back to the factory settings. The mail push is spotty at best. Sometimes some mail will be delivered, and then after reading that mail, I will refresh and discover that I had mail that was not delivered (until the refresh).

When I called Verizon about this, the cc woman said in a less than pleasant tone that if I wanted efficient mail delivery I needed a blackberry - if I wanted fast web browsing get an android. I'm not to expect great mail delivery with the droid. WTH?

I just read on the web that someone disabled their FB notifications and their mail pushed again. That's not a perfect solution, but I'm going to give it a try to see if it works.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I gave up and instead of doing a full restore I installed maildroid and that seems to be working fine. Still is missing a few things im used to but the dev is active with updates and it looks to be a great replacement for stock email.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The crazy thing is everything was perfect for almost 2 weeks after the update and then email sycncing just stopped. I don't get it.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Something changed. Maybe an app got an update that effected the email sync. Didn't gmail get a seperate update around that time?

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think it was an update to an app we already have. I think my problem started on oct 2nd. Its when i noticed my emails were sitting in the out box.