Bootsound working on Droid X

oldschool71

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
When changing a boot animation I rename the stock .bak in the system media folder. Then paste the new one off the sd card named bootanimation.zip into the same folder. This will get your new boot working but not sure about sounds as I did not try that out yet.

sent by me on my X

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I've gone so far that I have totally lost my boot.

Ok go to my youtube site and click on one of my boot videos. In the notes I have a link. If you like u can download and use it. Make sure its named bootanimation.zip and do not unzip it. Place it on your sd card. Using root explorer go into your sd card and copy the new boot. Then go into system/media folder on the phone. See if u have a file named bootanimation.zip. if so rename it. U will need to click on r/w before this. Rename the old file bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak. then paste the new bootanimation.zip click on r/o and back out. Turn off phone and it should use the new boot. Hope this helps. Youtube is www.youtube.com/aagishot. I believe I have two boots posted.

sent by me on my X

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok Ill look tonight. Do we know if we can rip the start up scene from the new empire strikes back from VZW? That would make a awesome boot scone.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
you would think Verizon would be smart and make the bootup sound file customizable!!
Why does everything cool have to be a hack !!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I have been able to get bootanimations to play on my droid x with sound. I took the following steps to enable this. I used root explorer to move the files.

1. Download the attached file. This file is one that I removed from a R2D2 D2.
2. Unzip the file and save the file to your sdcard. The file is labeled bootanimation.
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2
5. move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin
7. simple as that.

You will need to make sure that what ever audio file that is assigned to your bootanimation is saved in the folder /system/media

Have to give squidlymandingo a thanks for supplying the files from the R2D2 D2. Thanks

I tried this out last night and after 2 hours still nothing. What boot and sound are you using? The boot file slowed down my animation and left some if the last photo on my lock screen. I had my own boot animation in system media and the droid sound in the same folder named android_sound.mp3. Please let us know more you did to get this to work. Thank you.

sent by me on my X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox