Looking for large digital clock w/ accurate weather

Kurolover35

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, first time smartphone owner, just got my X yesterday.
I am having trouble finding a big digital clock & an accurate weather widget.
Any reccomendations?

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets, while a paid app is pretty accurate. Though it didn't refresh one morning so I went out of the house wearing a tshirt and flip flops when it was 52 degrees out. Brr. But it's very customizable and like I said, fairly accurate.

Kurolover35

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
There is no auto update tied to it though? Are you able to refresh it throughout the day?
Also, is the blue box with the white "BW" letters the official beautiful widgets ?
Do I save it to my SD card or phone?
Thanks for your help!!

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
No, there is. It usually refreshed just fine, lol. I think it was because my phone had been on airplane mode and it just took a little longer to refresh.

Kurolover35

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It says "Exclude from task killers".
The verizon store rep. installed Advanced Task Killer on my X saying there was no task manager stock on the X.
What should I do and how do I do it?
Thanks so much!!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Definitely uninstall your task killer ASAP. With inexperienced users, they do far more harm than good. VZW needs to educate their employees and stop installing them. Android manages memory fine by itself.

Beautiful widgets will meet your clock & weather needs. They have hundreds of skins so you can mix and match. You can choose Google or Accuweather (recommended) for weather and you can select to have it refresh when the phone wakes.

Kurolover35

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ATK.
Now if I go off and start listening to music, then i go get some apps off the market, then I use google maps and nav, etc., won't my X eventually start slowing down?

Last edited:

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It says "Exclude from task killers".
The verizon store rep. installed Advanced Task Killer on my X saying there was no task manager stock on the X.
What should I do and how do I do it?
Thanks so much!!

First of all, they should've never installed a task killer on your phone (they did it for mine, too). Most people say they cause more harm than good. I don't have one on my Fascinate (aside from the one that came with it). I'd suggest uninstalling it.

ylimehajile

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ATK.
Now if I go off and start listening to music, then i go get some apps off the market, then I use google maps and nav, etc., won't my X eventually start slowing down?

No, you and your X will be fine. The only time I find task killers useful is when a rogue application runs amuck. I had this happen yesterday. Talking Tom was running in the background and I couldn't shut him up. I had to go into the bowels of the settings on the X and kill him. It's much easier with a task killer. However, they do much more harm than good (unless you really know what you are doing).

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've got "digital clock widget" and "weather bug"

Sized right so they are side by side on the top of my home screen. You can take the background off on the weather bug widget...looks tight

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12