how do i turn to VIBRATE mode

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn droid x to vibrate mode. So no matter what I get a vibrate for calls texts emails etc. I know how to slide to silent or on from lock screen is there a vibrate mode. Thanks guys. What about silent mode no sound at all.

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
when you update to 2.2 the slider on the lock screen slides to vibrate, rather than silent.

there's an app called quick settings that can help you as well, if you don't want froyo

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you reduce the call volume it will go from actual volume control to vibrate to silent. The icon is a phone with little squiggles on the left.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yep , MENU button>sound> open the sound drop down box and select >Never in the list its the second one in that list :)

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Beautiful Widgets and it has a vibrate and silent widget that I put on my home screen. One button to go to vibrate or silent. Works great.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So there is no way to turn the droid x to silent mode without dl something

Yep as mentioned in post #5 , puts phone in silent mode and it doesnt vibrate ,lol.
Didnt you see that setting there :confused:, nothing needed to download to do that , no download required

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way IMO (although it requires a download) is the Silent Toggle Widget. Download it from the market. It switches your phone from
ring--->vibrate--->silent--->back to ring with one tap of the screen. Very handy little widget and works great.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn droid x to vibrate mode. So no matter what I get a vibrate for calls texts emails etc. I know how to slide to silent or on from lock screen is there a vibrate mode. Thanks guys. What about silent mode no sound at all.

Have you tried Widget Locker, I prefer it over stock any day and you can swipe to change ringer, silent and vibrate settings from lock screen.
WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain

123.png
142.png